• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about request for a review

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lktokw

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My ex is divorcing her current husband and through the grapevine I heard she will receive a substantial sum of money from her current husband paying her for her interest in the home they purchased and he wishes to keep. Now is this income plus spousal support/alimony included in her income when filing for a review.

nextwife

A review of CS she's paying? Yes, I believe her alimony would be income to her, and if you are the CP and she pays you CS, it should be mentioned if she has income. The property settlement may not be counted, as that is a one time thing.

lktokw

I am paying the CS. I am under the impression that if I were to receive a lump sum payment I am obligated to report it to CS thus an adjustment would be made. So if she receives a lump sum payment why wouldn't it be included if I ask for a review?

nextwife

If your state is an income share state, in which both incomes are considered, it certainly should be mentioned when the review is done. However, the payout of her share of equity is NOT earned income, it is payment for an asset she already shared in buying. She will now need alternative housing, so I would presume the funds would go toward that. I

B

betterthanher

Ohio is an income-shared state. If she is collecting alimony/spousal support, that IS considered income and she should be reporting it when it's time for a review. Alimony is considered taxable income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">