• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question a Colorado resident might be able to answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michaurey

What is the name of your state?Colorado

My ex is suppose to provide me with a statement showing what she paid out for childcare expenses for the prior year in Feb of the next year. I have not received anything to date and it's March. She's told me about two weeks ago that where the kids went to daycare they haven't given her the papers yet. She though she would have them in the same amount of time w-2's are suppose to be given out.

Question is, can anyone tell me Colorado law for daycares to give out what people paid them for the year? Or does anyone live out there and can tell me when or if they have recieved them yet??? Or when you usually do get them? I have a feeling she's trying to get out of this, because the figures on the child support worksheet we just had done don't even come close to what she's really paying. And i'll find out, and she won't get as much child support

Techinally she's in contempt of court right? But not really if she's hasn't recieved that infomation yet right?

Court order does state that i received such info buy Feb though.

MtnMoon

Why don't you contact the childcare provider for information? As far as I know, there is no law that governs when a childcare provider is supposed to mail out notices or statements to its clients. Anyway, with regard to contempt of court... the only one who may determine whether or not a person is in contempt is a judge. You would need to file contempt charges against your ex. But is it worth it right now? Why not contact your ex in writing and get your documentation going on this first? Contact the childcare provider and ask for a response in writing. It could be that your ex is telling you the truth and hasn't received the statement yet.

Good luck with everything!

BelizeBreeze

Take a chill pill.

Either contact the daycare provider yourself or give it time.

There is no law that REQUIRES any business to report back how much you've spent with them.

michaurey

Call the daycare, and they told me that they only do it as a courtesy upon request. it's up to the parent to keep reciepts. So from that i figured she could've had the information to me in the alloted time give to her. She should've know this because she's being using that same daycare for the past three years. Wonder why she won't get it to me in time. She actuallly said she thought the daycare would send her the paperwork within a certain time like W-2's. How on earth did she come up with that, if she's been with them for 3 years now? And their policy hasn't changed.
I think she's concerned now, cause i finally find out how much she' "really" paying and it's not nearly as much as she claims on the child support worksheet. Therefore she's going to lose money!

michaurey

oh yeah sorry about that attitude didn't mean it towards anyone. Just get a little frustrated when dealing with the ex!! But who doesn't!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">