• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on Financial Affidavit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enordy

New York

I live in CT with my fiancee. My ex and my daughter live in NY. I was recently laid off and filed a petition in NY court to modify my current child support.

On the financial affidavit, its asks for "income from other household members". Does my fiancee qualify as such for the purpose of child support?

Proserpina

New York

I live in CT with my fiancee. My ex and my daughter live in NY. I was recently laid off and filed a petition in NY court to modify my current child support.

On the financial affidavit, its asks for "income from other household members". Does my fiancee qualify as such for the purpose of child support?
For informational purposes, yes. But for actually calculating the CS, no...unless the court feels like you're choosing to be underemployed. Using your fiancee's financial info would be very, very rare; they'll generally impute you an income before considering your fiancee's income.

Don't sweat it. NY is a straight percentage of your earnings.

enordy

Thanks - I just wanted to make sure.

Last question (hopefully)...When filling out the form, is the best course of action to show half of our shared expenses (i.e. mortgage, utilities, etc.), or the total expense? My gut tells me 1/2...

CJane

Thanks - I just wanted to make sure.

Last question (hopefully)...When filling out the form, is the best course of action to show half of our shared expenses (i.e. mortgage, utilities, etc.), or the total expense? My gut tells me 1/2...
You include total household income and total household expenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">