• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on meaning of phrase on my child support case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billbowen2014

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland there was action on my case last week it said this phrase exactly "notice of cont. dismissal lack of pros. " the last action b4 that was back in 2008 when they had requested to charge me with contempt, but no action was taken it said something like the judge couldn't be found, he must have retired or gotten assigned somewhere else. I had received a letter from support approx. 3 years ago telling me I was in arrears approx. 20k and that I needed send them 500.00 then to pay the weekly amount which I have faithfully done since only missing like 3 weekly payments. my sons regualer payments had ended years b4. approx. month ago I got a letter from them saying for some reason I wasn't paying and that further action was going to be taken . I guess that's why action was taken last week. I wrote them telling them I had done everything they had requested. I also have continued to have my driving privaliges taken from me I have been told as long as I make my payments as requested I shouldn't have my privaliges taken away. but that's another matter for later I just would like to know what that phrase on my case means thanks in advance for your help billbowen

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland there was action on my case last week it said this phrase exactly "notice of cont. dismissal lack of pros. " the last action b4 that was back in 2008 when they had requested to charge me with contempt, but no action was taken it said something like the judge couldn't be found, he must have retired or gotten assigned somewhere else. I had received a letter from support approx. 3 years ago telling me I was in arrears approx. 20k and that I needed send them 500.00 then to pay the weekly amount which I have faithfully done since only missing like 3 weekly payments. my sons regualer payments had ended years b4. approx. month ago I got a letter from them saying for some reason I wasn't paying and that further action was going to be taken . I guess that's why action was taken last week. I wrote them telling them I had done everything they had requested. I also have continued to have my driving privaliges taken from me I have been told as long as I make my payments as requested I shouldn't have my privaliges taken away. but that's another matter for later I just would like to know what that phrase on my case means thanks in advance for your help billbowen
Have you kept track of how much you owe vs how much you've paid? Perhaps you're caught up! :)

The phrase means that your case is dismissed due to lack of prosecution. http://definitions.uslegal.com/l/lack-of-prosecution-lop/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">