• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question regarding Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Patriots51463

New Hampshire Child Support... Hello, My question is this. I was divorced in 2011. At the time I also lost my job and was collecting unemployment. Based on my unemployment amount the state of NH required me to pay $600.00 a month for child support. My unemployment ran out a year ago however I have continued to pay the $600.00 a month out of my 401k plan which I have had to live off of however that is now gone as well. My ex-wife is employed and earns $105,000 a year. I am trying to find employment however I'm not having any success. I am remarried and my wife is employed however we are barely making ends meet. What are my options as far as getting my child support at least reduced? I have no problem at all with paying, hence the fact that I continued for over a year without any income, however seeing that my ex makes $105,000 a year there must be some options for me.

Thanks in advance.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
New Hampshire Child Support... Hello, My question is this. I was divorced in 2011. At the time I also lost my job and was collecting unemployment. Based on my unemployment amount the state of NH required me to pay $600.00 a month for child support. My unemployment ran out a year ago however I have continued to pay the $600.00 a month out of my 401k plan which I have had to live off of however that is now gone as well. My ex-wife is employed and earns $105,000 a year. I am trying to find employment however I'm not having any success. I am remarried and my wife is employed however we are barely making ends meet. What are my options as far as getting my child support at least reduced? I have no problem at all with paying, hence the fact that I continued for over a year without any income, however seeing that my ex makes $105,000 a year there must be some options for me.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dcss/index.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">