• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question regarding modification order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dee1228

What is the name of your state? CA

I was wondering about my order for modification. I went to court with my x and everything was agreed to and so fourth. The Judge ordered that his attorney was to prepare order after hearing. Well recently the child support has decreased back to the old amount come to find out that his attorney never prepared the order and so they don't have anything stating what the new amount is. I went andgot a Minute order and gave it to the Child Support Services, but still need a complete order with the Judges Signature.

I want to know if I can do anything to get this Attorney to prepare this order or if I can do it myself and if so how???????? :confused:

sbg

you can file the order yourself, you need to have it on the proper paper and in the proper format and just make sure that the words of the order are the samer as the minute order and that there is a palce for the judge to date and signe it. But, you should file an osc for contempt, seek back support based on the judges order and request that he pay your attorney's fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">