• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

questioning paternity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

palileo05

What is the name of your state? Washington

In 2000, I was involved with a woman. She cheated on me numerous times while we were together. I stayed with her even though I knew I shouldn't have. She became pregnant while I was still with her. The baby was born and looked nothing like me. She insisted the baby was mine. When I asked for a paternity test, she got angry with me and accused me of not wanting the baby. Being young and stupid, I allowed my name on the birth certificate as the father. Six years later, I am happily married and my wife is 6+ months pregnant. With the economy the way it is, I can't afford to pay the ammount I'm paying for child support as well as support my family and pay rent and bills. I have tried for months to try and get a paternity test to determine if the child is mine and if not to stop all child support payment, but am getting nowhere. My wife and I don't have money to pay a lawyer to take my case to court. I need help as to what to do.

palileo05 said:

In 2000, I was involved with a woman. She cheated on me numerous times while we were together. I stayed with her even though I knew I shouldn't have. She became pregnant while I was still with her. The baby was born and looked nothing like me. She insisted the baby was mine. When I asked for a paternity test, she got angry with me and accused me of not wanting the baby. Being young and stupid, I allowed my name on the birth certificate as the father.

***You were doing what you thought was right....even though you were completely ignorant about what you where doing.

Six years later, I am happily married and my wife is 6+ months pregnant. With the economy the way it is, I can't afford to pay the amount I'm paying for child support as well as support my family and pay rent and bills.

***Poor baby... Happens when you have sex without protection.

I have tried for months to try and get a paternity test to determine if the child is mine and if not to stop all child support payment, but am getting nowhere.

***Well I guess you haven't went to the courts then. 'Cause there would be no option. Give..or be in contempt.

My wife and I don't have money to pay a lawyer to take my case to court. I need help as to what to do.
So all of this has just been between you and "Mom"....Without any court orders?

OH..and by the way....even with orders...just because you chose to take on a new family doesn't mean your previous responsibilities get neglected.:rolleyes:

LdiJ

palileo05 said:

In 2000, I was involved with a woman. She cheated on me numerous times while we were together. I stayed with her even though I knew I shouldn't have. She became pregnant while I was still with her. The baby was born and looked nothing like me. She insisted the baby was mine. When I asked for a paternity test, she got angry with me and accused me of not wanting the baby. Being young and stupid, I allowed my name on the birth certificate as the father. Six years later, I am happily married and my wife is 6+ months pregnant. With the economy the way it is, I can't afford to pay the ammount I'm paying for child support as well as support my family and pay rent and bills. I have tried for months to try and get a paternity test to determine if the child is mine and if not to stop all child support payment, but am getting nowhere. My wife and I don't have money to pay a lawyer to take my case to court. I need help as to what to do.
It may be too late to challenge paternity. At least get a consult with a local attorney, even if you can't afford to hire one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">