• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

? re: college child support/should we pay this month?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bchbum

What is the name of your state? GA

Greetings.

My DH has to pay college child support each month (excluding summer break) so long as his daughter is "attending college classes full-time and remains in good academic standing." She is done w/ college for the semester - classes ended in April and she had 3 exams the first three days of May. Should my DH send college child support for the month of May? DH seems to think no support due since his daughter's classes were over the end of April (thus not "attending college classes") and she only had 3 days of exams (1 per day) the beginning of May.

Your input is appreciated.:confused:

BelizeBreeze

bchbum said:
What is the name of your state? GA

Greetings.

My DH has to pay college child support each month (excluding summer break) so long as his daughter is "attending college classes full-time and remains in good academic standing." She is done w/ college for the semester - classes ended in April and she had 3 exams the first three days of May. Should my DH send college child support for the month of May? DH seems to think no support due since his daughter's classes were over the end of April (thus not "attending college classes") and she only had 3 days of exams (1 per day) the beginning of May.

Your input is appreciated.:confused:
Tell DH to take a remedial reading class. Attending means until such time as she has discontinued classes for the semester and taking finals is part of the class.

If he doesn't see the connection, tell him to ask her professors if the finals are part of her class requirements. :rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hmmm... if she needs to take the finals to pass the class then yes she was in school as BB said. Dang i need to find those chaps now. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">