• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rebuttle- child's dad in prison

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nc2000kimy

What is the name of your state? NC- Heaven forbid anybody should make a mistake or need some help! Some of you people are really judgmental. Thanks to those of you who defended me. First of all, I quit my job before last fall semester. Before that, I worked and paid taxes for 12 years, alot longer than most of you who replied have even been potty-trained. How many mouths did I feed during that time. My money was going to pay for someone else's welfare. I never wanted a handout. I still don't. I want to be able to find a job and not have to worry about it. I didn't know it was gonna be this hard to find a job. The last time I had to look for a job was in 2000, and they didn't check records back then. I went back to school to better myself and start a career that I would enjoy and make some money at. I was going at night part-time. But you should try working full-time, going to school part-time, AND being a mother. It's very hard. And I quit working at the suggestion of my mom, who has been wonderful about everything. And it wasn't a last-minute decision. It would have taken me alot longer to finish a 4-year degree going part-time. I need a good job NOW so I start saving money for my daughter's college. So she won't have to work like I have been and getting paid next to nothing. And my whole point about the criminal record thing is that people think differently of you when you have a record. I made some mistakes. They were years ago. I'm a different person than I was back then. My priorities are in order now. And I do take care of my kid. I get her dressed for school, I take her to school, I read to her, I help her with her homework, I take her to the park, I'm there for her when she needs me, and I love her more than anything in this world. So shame on you who said I should give her up for adoption. You're probably the same kind of people who use abortion as birth control. I didn't ask to be stuck raising this child alone. I didn't tell her dumb-ass dad to go rob a bank. I'm sorry I even posted anything on this website. I thought I would get some grown-up ideas and opinions. They should call this freecriticism.com. But one big difference between me and the panel of "judges", I will be okay, always have been, always will be. Things will work out just fine for me in the end. My only problem is being a little impatient in wanting things when I want them. Your problems go much deeper. By the way, I don't need much money. Just enough to get some gas and buy a biscuit every once in a while. I paid off ALL of my debt before quitting my job. And thank God I have a mom who loves me and has supported me in every decision. She makes sure we are taken care of financially. Silly me, I just want to be a little less of a burden on her.What is the name of your state?

Zephyr

nc2000kimy said:
What is the name of your state? NC- Heaven forbid anybody should make a mistake or need some help! Some of you people are really judgmental. Thanks to those of you who defended me. First of all, I quit my job before last fall semester. Before that, I worked and paid taxes for 12 years, alot longer than most of you who replied have even been potty-trained. How many mouths did I feed during that time. My money was going to pay for someone else's welfare. I never wanted a handout. I still don't. I want to be able to find a job and not have to worry about it. I didn't know it was gonna be this hard to find a job. The last time I had to look for a job was in 2000, and they didn't check records back then. I went back to school to better myself and start a career that I would enjoy and make some money at. I was going at night part-time. But you should try working full-time, going to school part-time, AND being a mother. It's very hard.

I did it with no problem- my school was an hour commute away too, sometime you just have to buckle down and do it:rolleyes:

And I quit working at the suggestion of my mom, who has been wonderful about everything. And it wasn't a last-minute decision. It would have taken me alot longer to finish a 4-year degree going part-time. I need a good job NOW so I start saving money for my daughter's college.

not a good enough excuse to quit a paying job when you have a child to support

So she won't have to work like I have been and getting paid next to nothing. And my whole point about the criminal record thing is that people think differently of you when you have a record. I made some mistakes. They were years ago. I'm a different person than I was back then. My priorities are in order now. And I do take care of my kid. I get her dressed for school, I take her to school, I read to her, I help her with her homework, I take her to the park, I'm there for her when she needs me, and I love her more than anything in this world. So shame on you who said I should give her up for adoption. You're probably the same kind of people who use abortion as birth control. I didn't ask to be stuck raising this child alone. I didn't tell her dumb-ass dad to go rob a bank. I'm sorry I even posted anything on this website. I thought I would get some grown-up ideas and opinions. They should call this freecriticism.com. But one big difference between me and the panel of "judges", I will be okay, always have been, always will be. Things will work out just fine for me in the end. My only problem is being a little impatient in wanting things when I want them. Your problems go much deeper. By the way, I don't need much money. Just enough to get some gas and buy a biscuit every once in a while. I paid off ALL of my debt before quitting my job. And thank God I have a mom who loves me and has supported me in every decision. She makes sure we are taken care of financially. Silly me, I just want to be a little less of a burden on her.What is the name of your state?

then why rely on the taxpayers? just have your mom support you and your daughter until you graduate school.....financial assistance is not there to make it easy for someone to eventually get ahead, it is there to keep people in dire straights from ending up homeless, cold and starving

as I said before, scholarships, pell grants, grants, student loans etc.....

Neal1421

nc2000kimy said:
What is the name of your state? NC- Heaven forbid anybody should make a mistake or need some help! Some of you people are really judgmental. Thanks to those of you who defended me. First of all, I quit my job before last fall semester. Before that, I worked and paid taxes for 12 years, alot longer than most of you who replied have even been potty-trained.

Sorry, I've been potty trained since I was 2 so your calculations are incorrect.

How many mouths did I feed during that time. My money was going to pay for someone else's welfare. I never wanted a handout. I still don't.

Then get a student loan and use the excess aid to live off of and then pay it back when you finish. Also since you have paid your debts off, maybe you have good credit, get a credit card.

I want to be able to find a job and not have to worry about it. I didn't know it was gonna be this hard to find a job. The last time I had to look for a job was in 2000, and they didn't check records back then.

Different employers check different things. I am assuming that since you say that you were making less than nothing before, they didn't care if you had a record. Most places that are willing to pay more will do in-depth background checks. Trust me I know. I do that for a living.

I went back to school to better myself and start a career that I would enjoy and make some money at. I was going at night part-time. But you should try working full-time, going to school part-time, AND being a mother. It's very hard.

Gold star for you. I went to school full-time, worked full-time and was raising a son before I graduated college. Big Deal.

And I quit working at the suggestion of my mom, who has been wonderful about everything. And it wasn't a last-minute decision. It would have taken me alot longer to finish a 4-year degree going part-time.

Tell her to give you money since it was her suggestion that you quit your job.

I need a good job NOW so I start saving money for my daughter's college.

Your child needs to eat now.

So she won't have to work like I have been and getting paid next to nothing. And my whole point about the criminal record thing is that people think differently of you when you have a record. I made some mistakes. They were years ago. I'm a different person than I was back then. My priorities are in order now. And I do take care of my kid. I get her dressed for school, I take her to school, I read to her, I help her with her homework, I take her to the park, I'm there for her when she needs me, and I love her more than anything in this world.

I do that too and work full time.

So shame on you who said I should give her up for adoption. You're probably the same kind of people who use abortion as birth control. I didn't ask to be stuck raising this child alone. I didn't tell her dumb-ass dad to go rob a bank.

But you did have sex with his "dumb ass". What does that say about you?

I'm sorry I even posted anything on this website.

And yet you continue to post.

I thought I would get some grown-up ideas and opinions. They should call this freecriticism.com. But one big difference between me and the panel of "judges", I will be okay, always have been, always will be.

I'm doing just fine. Thank you very much.

Things will work out just fine for me in the end. My only problem is being a little impatient in wanting things when I want them. Your problems go much deeper. By the way, I don't need much money. Just enough to get some gas and buy a biscuit every once in a while.

Again, I suggest you get a credit card and when you get your "good job", pay it back.

I paid off ALL of my debt before quitting my job. And thank God I have a mom who loves me and has supported me in every decision. She makes sure we are taken care of financially. Silly me, I just want to be a little less of a burden on her.What is the name of your state?

You have my suggestions.

Last edited:

fairisfair

nc2000kimy,
They are just going to slam you again, do yourself a favor, close the post, you said what you needed to. Good luck

Zephyr

fairisfair said:
nc2000kimy,
They are just going to slam you again, do yourself a favor, close the post, you said what you needed to. Good luck
It's not slamming at all.....it's reality

fairisfair

Zephyr said:
It's not slamming at all.....it's reality
Perhaps, it is only one person's version of reality. you call it reality, I call it slamming. It would be really easy to just tear someone else apart, it is much more difficult to try to find empathy in the face of a difference of opinion or lifestyle. She admits she has made bad choices. What else do you want?

Zephyr

fairisfair said:
Perhaps, it is only one person's version of reality. you call it reality, I call it slamming. It would be really easy to just tear someone else apart, it is much more difficult to try to find empathy in the face of a difference of opinion or lifestyle. She admits she has made bad choices. What else do you want?

ummmm empathy- two posters, myself one, have said they did the exact thing this poster is trying to do....we did it all......yet for some reason her circumstances are so special, so unique that she should have the government subsidise her desire to not work???? as I just said in another post- our country has gotten way to used to just putting their hand out and having it filled....this is America- where if you WORK for what you want you can do anything

bononos

Zephyr said:
ummmm empathy- two posters, myself one, have said they did the exact thing this poster is trying to do....we did it all......yet for some reason her circumstances are so special, so unique that she should have the government subsidise her desire to not work???? as I just said in another post- our country has gotten way to used to just putting their hand out and having it filled....this is America- where if you WORK for what you want you can do anything
Bon Bons and soap operas are much more fun than work!

Zephyr

baystategirl said:
Personally I like chocolate covered strawberries and no Soap's...;)
I had those on my wedding cake.....I never miss an opportunity for chocolate covered strawberries:D

fairisfair

Zephyr said:
Congratulations, good for you,I did it too, with two children, no help from my parents, and no child support, wah wah me. it still doesn't give me the right to judge other people. She asked for assistance programs, and last time I checked, that was the purpose of those programs. This is America, you are right about that, where those programs are available for those who are eligible. And I doubt if I work, that America will let me "do anything". She has also asked for information about her current job situation, she has a background that is making it difficult, yes, before the ranting starts, that is her fault too, but damn, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the situation that almost every single poster on this site is in, their own fault? Some with a little more outside influence than others, but still their own fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">