• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Record keeping requirements of Custotial Parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jluetzow

Oklahoma.

What are the record keeping requirements of the Custotial parent? I have to pay 30% of the medical bills however, after two years, he has finally sent me bills but there are all kinds of errors, duplicates, and mixed document types. I have complained to his Lawyer and the response I got was that I had to go through and figure out what was right and wrong.

How can this be? Don't I have a right to acruate billing information? They've given me only 20 day's to respond else they are going to file with the local court that I haven't paid them.

VeronicaGia

jluetzow said:
Oklahoma.

What are the record keeping requirements of the Custotial parent? I have to pay 30% of the medical bills however, after two years, he has finally sent me bills but there are all kinds of errors, duplicates, and mixed document types. I have complained to his Lawyer and the response I got was that I had to go through and figure out what was right and wrong.

How can this be? Don't I have a right to acruate billing information? They've given me only 20 day's to respond else they are going to file with the local court that I haven't paid them.
Let him file. And then you'll ask a judge to insert hash it out. Then you'll gladly pay your share, but ask the judge to insert a clause into the court order that clearly states that he must submit bills to you within 30 days of paying them or you don't have to pay.

A judge may or may not order you to pay such old bills. Many states have laws requiring a parent to submit them to the other parent in some type of timely fashion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">