• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Redirect Child Support To Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MCD

New York State / Brooklyn Family Court

Query:
How can I get child support services (SCU) to redirect the garnished child support from my paycheck and deposit it directly into my 19 year old son's personal bank account-- an account his father has no access to, or knowledge of. Can a meeting be arranged with child support services to get this done, or is a court appearance mandatory? (The father has been financially negligent since my son turned 18 yrs. old.) For his own protection and well being, my son is leaving his father's residence permanently and will live with friends nearby (NJ) so he may continue his college education, which the father refuses to contribute to. It seems impossible to get an SCU rep on the phone, and they do not respond via email. Please advise.

NotSoNew

no this cannot be done, child support is reimbursment to the other parents for raising the child.

perhaps if the child is maintaining no residence at his fathers any longer though you can attempt to end your child support obligation to the father then you can just give the money to your son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">