• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reducing cs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tweety14

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
Could someone please tell me if you can get CS reduced without hiring a lawyer ? If so please tell me the steps. My son got laid off in Januraury and it is really hard on him paying CS every week, especially since he keeps his child every other week. He needs to go to court for joint custody but doesn't want to stir up trouble. The mom is getting CS the week she has the child and the week she don't.What can he do? She is a money grub. thanks :)

Neal1421

Tweety14 said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee
Could someone please tell me if you can get CS reduced without hiring a lawyer ? If so please tell me the steps. My son got laid off in Januraury and it is really hard on him paying CS every week, especially since he keeps his child every other week. He needs to go to court for joint custody but doesn't want to stir up trouble. The mom is getting CS the week she has the child and the week she don't.What can he do. thanks :)
Tell him to file for a modification of support with the court. Since he was laid off the judge may reduce support.

Has he filed for unemployment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">