• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relinquishing parental rights and back child support owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Unfortunately it will not be just the parents that visit the child in a supervised setting. Our grandson was in foster care for 6 months and we had to visit him in a supervised setting even though we had not done anything to deserve that. Evidently you don't have grandchildren and you haven't had to visit them in a very sterile setting for only 1 hour a week for six months. Try that and then tell me I am just trying to bail out my daughter again. That is no way for any child to have to visit grandparents that only want to love and protect them.
You are correct. I do not have grandchildren in State Custody. Perhaps it is because my child has CHOSEN to not procreate haphazardly. Perhaps she was taught that she is PERSONALLY responsible for her choices in life. PERHAPS, due to her upbringing, she has CHOSEN to finish University before getting MARRIED and having babies. PERHAPS she UNDERSTANDS that if she CHOOSES to...mess...up, SHE will have to solve the fallout.

Perhaps.;)

I wish you and all of the current and future children the best. I really do. I get where you are coming from but just don't agree with your actions. :)

Good luck.:)

Blue

ecmst12

If the family members raising the children wish to adopt them, that could be possible. It won't eliminate back child support though, only going forward from the date of the adoption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">