• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request for admissions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rickny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
A few weeks ago I voluntarily admitted to paternity of my daughter who stays with her mother in Florida (I live in NY) What goes on in the final hearing(is it where they decide on what I will pay)? Is it mandatory to attend? I don't really have the funds to go to Florida (or hire lawyer), it says it's in my best interest to be there though. Also, I received a request for admissions and I'm not sure how to respond.

"You are hereby required to respond to the following requests for admissions to the office of the state attorney, child support enforcement, {florida address} prior to hearing.
1.I am capable of working a full 40 hour work week.
2.I am not disabled or limited in my ability to work full-time.
3.If working less than 40 hours a week, I have voluntarily chosen not to seek supplemental employment to fill a 40 hour work week."

Am I capable? I'm not disabled but the hours are not available to me. I'm a cook working 3 days a week because the restaurant is slow, there's no jobs around here. Do I try to answer each one of these or pick one? Will a written response be fine? :confused: Thanks for your time.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
1.I am capable of working a full 40 hour work week.
2.I am not disabled or limited in my ability to work full-time.
3.If working less than 40 hours a week, I have voluntarily chosen not to seek supplemental employment to fill a 40 hour work week."

Am I capable? I'm not disabled but the hours are not available to me. I'm a cook working 3 days a week because the restaurant is slow, there's no jobs around here. Do I try to answer each one of these or pick one? Will a written response be fine? :confused: Thanks for your time.
What they want to know is if there is any physical limitation on your working 40 hours a week. Not whether your job only gives you hours 3 days a week. If they could give you 40 hours/week - could you work them? Then you are capable of working 40 hours/week.

Are you disabled so that physically you can only work p/t? DO you have familial responsibilities that limit your ability to work f/t (i.e. you are the only available caregiver to your bedridden, terminally ill mother 4 days of the week)?

Since you're only working 3 days a week, you have chosen not to take a second job to supplement that income. Yes, I know times are tough. But there ARE jobs out there, especially with summer coming - they just take time and effort to find.

monkeymom

Stealth2 - I wonder if this applies in the other direction? My husbands ex has custody of their daughter, we have custody of his son. She chose to have 2 more kids in the past 2 1/2 years knowing her work situation was rocky. To no one's surprise, she was laid off and then her husband was laid off as well. It's been over a year since she's worked and now she wants child support from us for their daughter. We don't make a lot of money but we both work full time jobs. So i'm wondering if the same rule applies... there are jobs out there, she just chooses not to work but does this mean we will have to pay her child support when she intentionally got pregnant two more times without thinking about her future finances?

Silverplum

So you are a liar, plus a hijacker. :( Stay out of other peoples' threads.

Stealth2 - I wonder if this applies in the other direction? My husbands ex has custody of their daughter, we have custody of his son. She chose to have 2 more kids in the past 2 1/2 years knowing her work situation was rocky. To no one's surprise, she was laid off and then her husband was laid off as well. It's been over a year since she's worked and now she wants child support from us for their daughter. We don't make a lot of money but we both work full time jobs. So i'm wondering if the same rule applies... there are jobs out there, she just chooses not to work but does this mean we will have to pay her child support when she intentionally got pregnant two more times without thinking about her future finances?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">