• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requester Makes 300% More Income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

linda05dao

What is the name of your state?
CA
My significant other if going through child support and paternity issues with an ex of his. She is now requesting child support from him. He is an aspiring firefighter. She is trying to get child support from him, where she makes 300% more income than he does as a engineer. How is this fair? is there anyway that we can fight this...:mad:What is the name of your state?

Just Blue

linda05dao said:
CA
My significant other if going through child support and paternity issues with an ex of his. She is now requesting child support from him. He is an aspiring firefighter. She is trying to get child support from him, where she makes 300% more income than he does as a engineer. How is this fair? is there anyway that we can fight this...:mad:What is the name of your state?
So you don't think he should have to support his child?

Neal1421

linda05dao said:
CA
He does have to support his child, don't you think?

linda05dao

I believe that he should pay for child supprt, regardless, that this is a illegitimate child, I understand that this is his mistake that he needs to clean up, but I don't believe that its fair that she is asking for 500.00/ month.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
linda05dao said:
I believe that he should pay for child supprt, regardless, that this is a illegitimate child, I understand that this is his mistake that he needs to clean up, but I don't believe that its fair that she is asking for 500.00/ month.
Well, what you think is fair is moot - it all depends on what the guidelines state for the relevant income(s). Nor does it matter that the child is not the product of a marriage.

Neal1421

linda05dao said:
It doesn't matter what she asks for, it's up to the court and state guidelines.

Just Blue

linda05dao said:

So...you think 500.00 would be okay if this child were "legitimate"?...And actually...Who the heall are you to be involved in this at all?? It's between him and his ex...You need to shut up and mind your own business!

linda05dao

So... it's up to the state to determine what he should pay... correct???
We've heard from several others who have gone through similar situations, that the court has ordered the mother to pay on child supprt, due to the father's income. Is this at all true?
BTW- I logged into this website for advise of something that I have never gone through, now if ignorance is hilarious to you, you can just stop replying to my posting... (I don't know, what I don't know, that's why I'm leaving it up to the professionals for advise, not to be ridiculed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">