• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resolution and court dates.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoodlum

What is the name of your state? Indiana My ex and I settled on our visitation schedule now the only thing that we have in front of us is the review on child support. For some reason it got rescheduled in October no less.

I would like to get everything done and over with and I really do not want to have to take more time off of work than I already have.

I have given my attorney my last two years tax returns and my last two most recent paycheck stubs. My ex's attorney gave my attorney her 2004 tax return and her last pay check stuib from 2005. They have not given us her 2005 tax return, which I have a feeling would also have some unemployment on it. I think she was off for a month, so that would also have been income.

I would be willing to just take the last paycheck stub figure because no matter how you cut the cake, she will not be getting more support. In fact it is more than a 20% decrease.

Again I just want this done. I really do not want to decrease it as I feel that my child can use what I pay. Plus I still will be buying clothes myself.

So I guess here it is in a nut shell. Can the prosecutor review the figures and if I do not want it lowered can he just say ok this is a done deal?

LdiJ

hoodlum said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana My ex and I settled on our visitation schedule now the only thing that we have in front of us is the review on child support. For some reason it got rescheduled in October no less.

I would like to get everything done and over with and I really do not want to have to take more time off of work than I already have.

I have given my attorney my last two years tax returns and my last two most recent paycheck stubs. My ex's attorney gave my attorney her 2004 tax return and her last pay check stuib from 2005. They have not given us her 2005 tax return, which I have a feeling would also have some unemployment on it. I think she was off for a month, so that would also have been income.

I would be willing to just take the last paycheck stub figure because no matter how you cut the cake, she will not be getting more support. In fact it is more than a 20% decrease.

Again I just want this done. I really do not want to decrease it as I feel that my child can use what I pay. Plus I still will be buying clothes myself.

So I guess here it is in a nut shell. Can the prosecutor review the figures and if I do not want it lowered can he just say ok this is a done deal?

Whoever initiated the petition to modify the child support is free to drop their petition. That would automatically leave the child support at the current level.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">