• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retirement Pension & Military Disability Pmnts Included in ChildSupport Calculations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usedupvet

Retirement Pension & Military Disability Pmnts Included in ChildSupport Calculations?

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada
My Divorce Settlement Agreement states my yux-wife has no rights to my Pension Funds nor any further, new, income, which in this case would be Military Disability payments (100% Vietnam 1968-69, combat related). The Divorce Decree states my monthly Child Support Payment to be $550 plus 1/2 of the medical insurance premimums. Does the law overlook the agreement, which was mediated through the Nevada Court system, and take all of my post-divorce gross income, including the Pension and Military Disability as income eligible to be included in calculating the (25% of gross) Child Support? I have multiple sclerosis and retired 4 years ago.

The yux has found a new hobby since the divorce, amateur drag racing, consisting of two separate cars actively over a period of 5-6 months at a cost of at least $300 per weekend, which comes close to the 25% of my gross calculation. Also, she has a complete failure of fiscal responsibility and wastes money hand over fist. In other words, I am subsidizing her hobby and wasteful ways. My kids come over here looking for food saying there's little to none at their house. I buy them clothes, shoes, drop them off and pick up from school, have them during the day in summer and on holidays plus every other weekend which sometimes turn into 3-4 day weekends, and they are here at least 40% of the time. She is a lazy slob on top of it all (with ADD), living on the edge of squalor. 16 cats at one time before I took 10 to Humane Society for her. She now has 4 + 2 dogs.

Please give me your thoughts, knowledge and advice. Sorry some of this has nothing to do with my subject title. Probably too much information.
Thank you!

LdiJ

usedupvet said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada
My Divorce Settlement Agreement states my yux-wife has no rights to my Pension Funds nor any further, new, income, which in this case would be Military Disability payments (100% Vietnam 1968-69, combat related). The Divorce Decree states my monthly Child Support Payment to be $550 plus 1/2 of the medical insurance premimums. Does the law overlook the agreement, which was mediated through the Nevada Court system, and take all of my post-divorce gross income, including the Pension and Military Disability as income eligible to be included in calculating the (25% of gross) Child Support? I have multiple sclerosis and retired 4 years ago.

The yux has found a new hobby since the divorce, amateur drag racing, consisting of two separate cars actively over a period of 5-6 months at a cost of at least $300 per weekend, which comes close to the 25% of my gross calculation. Also, she has a complete failure of fiscal responsibility and wastes money hand over fist. In other words, I am subsidizing her hobby and wasteful ways. My kids come over here looking for food saying there's little to none at their house. I buy them clothes, shoes, drop them off and pick up from school, have them during the day in summer and on holidays plus every other weekend which sometimes turn into 3-4 day weekends, and they are here at least 40% of the time. She is a lazy slob on top of it all (with ADD), living on the edge of squalor. 16 cats at one time before I took 10 to Humane Society for her. She now has 4 + 2 dogs.

Please give me your thoughts, knowledge and advice. Sorry some of this has nothing to do with my subject title. Probably too much information.
Thank you!
Yes, ALL of your income can and will be considered in a child support calculation....no matter what you agreed in terms of a property settlement in your divorce. Your property settlement and child support are two different issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">