What is the name of your state? Texas
Here`s the situation. A woman I was with a few years ago has all of a sudden contacted me for the first time in three years, and says she has a son and he might be mine. I had no idea she was ever pregnant. Around the same time, she was with another man whom which she married before the baby was born. He has signed all the paper`s stating that he is the father and raising him. My question is, when I get a DNA test and it turns out I`m the father, what actions can she take and what type of child support will I have to pay? ie: retroactive? I know this sounds like a Jerry Springer episode, but I need to know what she can legally do, since she neglected to tell anyone of this possibility and someone else has been claiming this child as his own.
This is a confusing situation so here`s a little more info: -When I said he signed papers, I simply meant the child`s birth certificate (as far as I know at this point).
- They got married when she was approx. 5 months pregnant
- The child was born march of 04
- They are still married
- They have custody of the child
- Neither me or the other man had any idea that the childs father was in question.
- My main question is if she can actually make me pay retroactive back pay for the years I never even knew he could be mine and someone else was raising him.