• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retroactive child support??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MNDAD

MINNESOTA - For ten years I was the custodial parent, and collected child support from my ex-wife. I long suspected, and have now confirmed - that at the time of the original Order - and every time she took me back to court and had her support reviewed over the past 10 years - she was misrepresenting her income. For the past 10 years, she has worked a PT 30 hour week, and always represented to me that the paycheck she received was for a FT 40 hour week.

I am wondering, since she misrepresented her income, if there is any precendent to get retroactive support for the past 10 years. Based on the way support was calculated over this time frame, I am estimating the total to be more than $25,000...

Gracie3787

MINNESOTA - For ten years I was the custodial parent, and collected child support from my ex-wife. I long suspected, and have now confirmed - that at the time of the original Order - and every time she took me back to court and had her support reviewed over the past 10 years - she was misrepresenting her income. For the past 10 years, she has worked a PT 30 hour week, and always represented to me that the paycheck she received was for a FT 40 hour week.

I am wondering, since she misrepresented her income, if there is any precendent to get retroactive support for the past 10 years. Based on the way support was calculated over this time frame, I am estimating the total to be more than $25,000...
No. It was your duty to make sure the stated income was correct at the time of modifications.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">