• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retroactive Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdavison

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

NCP modification was awarded and lowered 75.00 and it goes retroactive back to the date filed. which is 10 weeks.

Question 1. How will NYCSEU collect the money from CP?

Question 2. If he doesn't pay will they drain cp's bank account like they did mine?

Thanks!

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

NCP modification was awarded and lowered 75.00 and it goes retroactive back to the date filed. which is 10 weeks.

Question 1. How will NYCSEU collect the money from CP?

Question 2. If he doesn't pay will they drain cp's bank account like they did mine?

Thanks!
Just for clarification, are you saying that there was a petition to modify support and was found to be too much, so they lowered your child support amount retroactively 10 weeks by 75.00 a month? So that is 2.5 months at $75 a so approx. $225.

You want the CP's bank account drained for an overpayment of $225? :confused:

rmdavison

If you haven't received the order yet , I'd suggest waiting until the order has been entered into record and obtain a copy , if one is not sent to you .

Usually the court will tac on an arrears amount to the monthly obligations until caught up.

I'm not sure how the central electronic registry will register the arrears and if CSEU will take additional collection actions .

https://newyorkchildsupport.com/child_support_services.html#supportCollection
I have received the order but it does not say how i'm going to be paid. The cp owes me approx 750.00. As i said the ammount i pay in support to the cp is now lowered. So there is no arrears. How will CSEU coolect the money?

rmdavison

Just for clarification, are you saying that there was a petition to modify support and was found to be too much, so they lowered your child support amount retroactively 10 weeks by 75.00 a month? So that is 2.5 months at $75 a so approx. $225.

You want the CP's bank account drained for an overpayment of $225? :confused:
Correct but it was lowered by the court 75.00 a week for a total of 750.00.

CSEU drained mine for 800.00 2 years ago. thats why i asked that. How else are they going to collect the money owed? CP is not going to cut me a check.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

Correct but it was lowered by the court 75.00 a week for a total of 750.00.

CSEU drained mine for 800.00 2 years ago. thats why i asked that. How else are they going to collect the money owed? CP is not going to cut me a check.
I'm going to leave this one for OG or CC or one of the other seniors. I don't think the state would "drain" her account like they did yours, I believe the reason they were able to do this to you is due to a judgment for arrears on you. But, I bow to the greater knowledge of the seniors on this one.

On a more personal note, it kind of sounds like you're just rubbing your hands in glee at the thought of her bank account being drained. That's a poor attitude to have, I think.

I would think that based on the fact that your ex is the custodial parent, and you pay on a weekly basis that equitable time would be given to pay that amount back. I wouldn't think that they would require her to pay you that amount, but take that amount away from your current support. But I'm not sure.

rmdavison

On a more personal note, it kind of sounds like you're just rubbing your hands in glee at the thought of her bank account being drained. That's a poor attitude to have, I think.

Unless you have walked in my shoes along with all the trials and tribulations i have gone through i would really keep your opinions to yourself!! in other words just answer the question and dont try and make it like its personal. I just asked a simle question and you chose to go off topic on how i feel. My attitude is great. i just want to know how cseu is going to get the money back to me.

Isis1

Unless you have walked in my shoes along with all the trials and tribulations i have gone through i would really keep your opinions to yourself!! in other words just answer the question and dont try and make it like its personal. I just asked a simle question and you chose to go off topic on how i feel. My attitude is great. i just want to know how cseu is going to get the money back to me.
i rolled my eyes so far back in my head they might get stuck that way.

no they will not drain her account. stop that.

they will apply a credit to your future child support. they will not go after the CP to return the funds.

BL

Ok , I see now and agree . You will most likely not be billed by CSEU until it all equals out .

Call NY State CS central Office in Albany to confirm.

You may have to send CSEU local office a certified copy of the court order ,if they were not in court during these proceedings .

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

I am not going to argue with you about whether or not I'm entitled to my opinion. I've said that more politely than a lot of others in this forum. I have in no way tried to make this personal. You came here asked a question, I googled the questions, same way you could have. Your choice in wording stunk. They didn't drain your account, they garnished your account for the amount of arrears for child support you owed AT THE TIME OF THE CALCULATION. I've googled New York laws and there doesn't seem to be much precedence as to how to handle overpayments.

Call your child support agency office and ask them.

LilMsCantBWrong

Isabella is absolutely right!

They will credit your account the amount of the overpayment and you will not have to pay until that credit amount is used up.

rmdavison

Ok , I see now and agree . You will most likely not be billed by CSEU until it all equals out .

Call NY State CS central Office in Albany to confirm.

You may have to send CSEU local office a certified copy of the court order ,if they were not in court during these proceedings .
I called CSEU and they were no help. They were sent a copy of the order but could not tell me anything else. It makes sence that they will credit me back the money as it's deposited from my employer to CSEU.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">