• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revised

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

okokok

What is the name of your state?Oklahoma
SOrry let me revise. The mother move to AZ got married and her husband at the time was list as the father on the Birth certificate. They got a divorce, she move back to OK. The child is now 7yrs old. Through DHS she took my husband to court to prove that is the father. And this just happen about 6mo ago. That is no problem to us. We are more than willing. The part that I am concerned about is why the back support for a child we had no idea was his. We are now waiting to go back to court because she lied about her income and still waiting for visistation to be set. She as made now contact with us on that matter either.

MtnMoon

okokok said:
What is the name of your state?Oklahoma
SOrry let me revise. The mother move to AZ got married and her husband at the time was list as the father on the Birth certificate. They got a divorce, she move back to OK. The child is now 7yrs old. Through DHS she took my husband to court to prove that is the father. And this just happen about 6mo ago. That is no problem to us. We are more than willing. The part that I am concerned about is why the back support for a child we had no idea was his. We are now waiting to go back to court because she lied about her income and still waiting for visistation to be set. She as made now contact with us on that matter either.
Go to the previous post which listed the Oklahoma Statutes. Your husband will want to read those.

It's important to understand that the mother most likely is presumed to have sole custody since your husband was not married to her at the time the child was born. Your husband will need to seek visitation through court.

You didn't mention how far back the child support is being sought. Six months? A year? Seven years? If back child support is being sought from the time of filing...and that was 6 months ago...then that's probably reasonable in the eyes of the court. If it is being sought since the birth of the child...then your husband might want to address this matter in court and show why he thinks it shouldn't go back that far.

Hopefully this helps!

okokok

MtnMoon said:
Go to the previous post which listed the Oklahoma Statutes. Your husband will want to read those.

It's important to understand that the mother most likely is presumed to have sole custody since your husband was not married to her at the time the child was born. Your husband will need to seek visitation through court.

You didn't mention how far back the child support is being sought. Six months? A year? Seven years? If back child support is being sought from the time of filing...and that was 6 months ago...then that's probably reasonable in the eyes of the court. If it is being sought since the birth of the child...then your husband might want to address this matter in court and show why he thinks it shouldn't go back that far.

Hopefully this helps!
thank you very much

okokok

another question

When another father is listed on the birth certificate what does that mean? Is he assuming responsiblity or is that just because they were married at the time the child was born. After the divorce and 7yrs later should there be some kind of recoarse for her actions of not notifing the real father of there child only until now when she is seeking child support 7yrs later?

MtnMoon

okokok said:
When another father is listed on the birth certificate what does that mean? Is he assuming responsiblity or is that just because they were married at the time the child was born. After the divorce and 7yrs later should there be some kind of recoarse for her actions of not notifing the real father of there child only until now when she is seeking child support 7yrs later?
Her husband was listed on the birth certificate because they were married at the time. Unfortunately, there isn't anything with which your husband may charge her for not notifying him until now; however, he may address that with the judge.

okokok

MtnMoon said:
Her husband was listed on the birth certificate because they were married at the time. Unfortunately, there isn't anything with which your husband may charge her for not notifying him until now; however, he may address that with the judge.
THank YOu very much

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">