• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

round about figure?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommieofone1209

:confused: What is the name of your state? Virginia

I'm a new singel mom now. My husband and I are getting a divorce. My question is ....I do not want to go through the court systems and what not for the child support so I'm trying to come to a round about figure that I can give my ex that he needs to give me a month. Granted we are going to write up a document and get in notarized so that it is legally binding. Thankyou for your responses. My child is 15mons old.

kat1963

It will NOT be legally binding if it's only notarized. You can however add it to your divorce stipulation so that it will be. In other words, it's NOT a court order until a judge a signs it. It will mean nothing. We certainly can't guesstimate his financial obligation to the child anymore then we can guarantee that you will obtain physical custody of the child. Maybe you will have to pay him? Who knows, it could get rather nasty. Get a lawyer!
KAT

mommieofone1209

If it is added to the speration agreement will it be legally binding that way as well since it isnt with just a notary? I know I wont be paying him, he couldnt take responisbility before and he sure wont now.

LdiJ

mommieofone1209 said:
If it is added to the speration agreement will it be legally binding that way as well since it isnt with just a notary? I know I wont be paying him, he couldnt take responisbility before and he sure wont now.
Why don't you want to do it through the courts? That honestly is the wisest and most practical way to handle it. You certainly can agree to a figure through the courts.

There are many online child support calculators. Do a google search and find one for your state. Run the numbers and you will have a fairly decent idea of what it should be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">