• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Runaway mothers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrSmithX

I am paying support for a child in Utah to a woman who left before the childs birth, over eight years ago ..from Oregon. There hasnt been a test, Ive only seen the child once, when she offered me 'an out' and said she was sorry. I live in Washington now and she has been married ...i found this out via a social media site.

I am working 40 hours a week and half my earnings are going to her, i cannot afford to be independant, trying desperatly to keep a car just so i can stay employed and living on someone elses couch.

What can i do and can legal aid help; they seem to be closed everytime i call.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am paying support for a child in Utah to a woman who left before the childs birth, over eight years ago ..from Oregon. There hasnt been a test, Ive only seen the child once, when she offered me 'an out' and said she was sorry. I live in Washington now and she has been married ...i found this out via a social media site.

I am working 40 hours a week and half my earnings are going to her, i cannot afford to be independant, trying desperatly to keep a car just so i can stay employed and living on someone elses couch.

What can i do and can legal aid help; they seem to be closed everytime i call.
What is it that you wish to accomplish?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How were you found to be the father? Did you ignore service on child support? If not, then why have you waited 8 years to do anything? Why haven't you ever filed for visitation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">