• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To Sallyinsalem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Your last post was :

I've been told, its easy as if you know where he works they can take from his check... can't tell you how many people have told me that. If you have his social security number you will have no problem. I've been told you don't need a physical address numerous times by people who obviously don't know what they are talking about.

so I'm right back to there is NO way I'm going to be able to collect support....until my financial situation gets better....

Thanks for all the advice, that lead me to the answer... only a lawyer can help me. $$$
It's not going to be impossible to do this cheaply, But if you take my advice, you can do it cheaper by assisting your local Child Support Agency than you'll ever get it done by hiring an attorney.

And no one here said that "Only a lawyer can help you". You keep saying that. What you were told is that you're going to need to do some leg work to get it done. If this child's father is working on an oil rig, he's making decent money. He has a moral and (once a court order is established) a legal obligation to support the child he helped create. It make cost you a bit to help hold him to that obligation.

Only you can decide if it's worth it to you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">