• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Satisfaction of Judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R Wright

Satisfaction of Judgment** Anyone Know??

What is the name of your state? Oregon/ Calif. case

Briefly, I was not on my daughters birth cert. I went to D. A. to set up payment arrangements and establish parental rights. They said I had no rights and I wasn't legally her father so I had no payments.
I filed for paternity. 1 month later D.A. Files. 1 year later I'm awarded paterity and a $3636.00 arrearage and a judgment. During this periord mother and I are split up. She collected aid. Daughter is 1 1/2 years old at this point.

Present day: Daughter is almost 7. Mother and I have reconciled over 5 years ago ( total years together 13 - 1) . Arrearage has been paid and no money is owed. DCSS says it's against their office policy to give a satisfaction of judgment. I can not find anything in Calif CCP that backs up their play. In fact it's to the contary. Allowing for damages plus. We are at the trail stage now.

What is the concenses here? DCSS as a creditor should be obligated to file a Satisfation. They say if they do then they can't file another one. Yet if no satisfaction is filed then 10 years from now I can get hit with another arrearage plus I have a judgement against me until my daughter is 18. I feel that if the filing of the judgement is such an important tool then they should not abuse it by filing it on everyone and taking the chance of loosing it.

Thank you for your reponses. ( I will take this issue to the limit so any and all input is appriciated)

What do I need to file to obtain damages? 8 hrs travel time, lost wages, ect.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">