• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Expense?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Can anybody tell me if uniforms for private school are considered a separate schooling expense?

I am ordered to pay half of schooling costs, and am happy to do so. I just want to make sure the uniforms are supposed to be taken into consideration, or if this should just include tuition.

antrc170

Depending on the wording of the agreement. If it states "school expenses", then I would suggest that uniforms are part of that as a uniform is required for school. Also included under that general term would be any expenses for projects, etc.

CJane

I would assume that uniforms would be included as 'school expenses' if they're required.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Can anybody tell me if uniforms for private school are considered a separate schooling expense?

I am ordered to pay half of schooling costs, and am happy to do so. I just want to make sure the uniforms are supposed to be taken into consideration, or if this should just include tuition.
Come one...help get your kid his/her uniforms. Really:confused: Do you have to make everything a legal battle?

Come one...help get your kid his/her uniforms. Really:confused: Do you have to make everything a legal battle?
No, I am not making anything a legal battle. I was simply wondering whether or not the uniforms should be considered a school expense or if they should be taken care of with child support.

That is what this website is for, correct?

Antigone*

No, I am not making anything a legal battle. I was simply wondering whether or not the uniforms should be considered a school expense or if they should be taken care of with child support.

That is what this website is for, correct?
You just seem to need to make a legal question out of everything. If you wanted an order to spell out every single little item, then you should have had it drafted that way.

Your child goes to a school that requires uniforms. Your order calls for your to share school expenses. Guess what...

tuffbrk

Hmmm....I sighed when I saw OP's name....but he has a point. CS is for clothing costs so concievably he shouldn't have to pay any extra for uniforms. Although I just think that if Dad agreed to private school he knew what he was in for. My son's school had even required the purchase of their gym clothes from the school with the logos, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">