• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling my Home / Support Arrears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RandyLocklin

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
I'm Wanting to sell my home. I have about 80000 in Arrears from when my wife and I split up 15 years ago. We were seperated for 5 Years then got back together and bought this House. While we were apart she was on welfare so I owe the state money from that, mostly interest. It started out as about 30000. We want to take the money from the sale and buy another home to live in. Will the state take the money from the sale of the house?

LdiJ

RandyLocklin said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
I'm Wanting to sell my home. I have about 80000 in Arrears from when my wife and I split up 15 years ago. We were seperated for 5 Years then got back together and bought this House. While we were apart she was on welfare so I owe the state money from that, mostly interest. It started out as about 30000. We want to take the money from the sale and buy another home to live in. Will the state take the money from the sale of the house?
Very possibly. You need to found out whether or not a lien has been placed on the home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">