• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

served with motion to modify judgement of dissolution as to custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Annsley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

My ex sold our old home that i signed over to him in our divorce for $90,000 that he owned & no longer owed on, 9 months after he purchased a $230,000 home last year. He has left the country 17 times in the last 2 years, has had our child on Medicaid since 2003, received food stamps & was just awarded child support from the state after 12 years of there being no child support order in our divorce because jointly we'd share expenses. He was just indicted for conspiracy drug trafficking and money laundering and was a prior convicted drug felon. He has lied on his taxes for over a decade claiming only $12,000 yearly income, which has qualified our child for Medicaid. About 4 years ago he decided to apply for food stamps and DFS asked him....well wheres her mother at? So needless to say it has developed into him being awarded child support last summer through DFS. I was not aware of the court dates for this motion because i was in between homes, which he knew conveniently and i missed the court date which granted the judgment of me to pay his crooked BUTT. Like i said this was a year ago & since then he has incurred his recent criminal charges of the conspiracy and money laundering. Ive not given him any support awarded to him by the courts in the last year and i don't know what to do. He has just recently filed an additional motion, this will be 2 hes filed in the last year, our daughter is 15 and he has never filed anything, nor have i, up until last summer. Now hes filing for sole physical custody saying that i am an unfit parent for allowing our child to get a tattoo last Christmas while hes awaiting trial for being federally indicted with an ankle bracelet on house arrest to insure he doesnt flee the country. I have 2 weeks to respond to this motion and have NO idea what to do? please help me

Last edited:

Silverplum

my ex sold our old home that i signed over to him in our divorce, for $90,000 that he owned & no longer owed on, 9 months after he purchased a $230,000 home last year. he has left the country 17 times in the last 2 years, has had our child on Medicaid since 2003, received food stamps & was just awarded child support from the state after 12 years of there being no child support order in our divorce. he was just indicted for conspiracy drug trafficking and money laundering and was a prior convicted drug felon. he has lied on his taxes for over a decade claiming only $12,000 yearly income which has qualified our child for Medicaid. about 4 years ago he decided to apply for food stamps and DFS asked him....well wheres her mother at? so needless to say it has developed into him being awarded child support through DFS last summer, which i was not aware of the court dates for this motion because i was in between homes, which he knew conveniently and i missed the court date which ended with the judgment of me to pay his crooked BUTT. this was a year ago. since then he has incurred his criminal charges. Ive not paid a dime and i don't know what to do. he has just recently filed an additional motion, this will be 2 hes filed in the last year and our daughter is 15 and he has never filed anything, nor have i, up until last summer, for sole physical custody and that i am an unfit parent for allowing our child to get a tattoo last Christmas. i have 2 weeks to respond to this motion and have NO idea what to do? please help me
You haven't paid a dime to support your child, despite a court order to do so??

:eek:

His criminal past is not a reason to not support your child. And you allowed a child to get a tattoo? Well, that was risky, don't you think?

Annsley

we have had joint custody her whole life

You haven't paid a dime to support your child, despite a court order to do so??

:eek:

His criminal past is not a reason to not support your child. And you allowed a child to get a tattoo? Well, that was risky, don't you think?
so we didnt have a child support order in our divorce. he filed a motion last summer after 14 years of us sharing said child

Antigone*

my ex sold our old home that i signed over to him in our divorce, for $90,000 that he owned & no longer owed on, 9 months after he purchased a $230,000 home last year. he has left the country 17 times in the last 2 years, has had our child on Medicaid since 2003, received food stamps & was just awarded child support from the state after 12 years of there being no child support order in our divorce. he was just indicted for conspiracy drug trafficking and money laundering and was a prior convicted drug felon. he has lied on his taxes for over a decade claiming only $12,000 yearly income which has qualified our child for Medicaid. about 4 years ago he decided to apply for food stamps and DFS asked him....well wheres her mother at? so needless to say it has developed into him being awarded child support through DFS last summer, which i was not aware of the court dates for this motion because i was in between homes, which he knew conveniently and i missed the court date which ended with the judgment of me to pay his crooked BUTT. this was a year ago. since then he has incurred his criminal charges. Ive not paid a dime and i don't know what to do. he has just recently filed an additional motion, this will be 2 hes filed in the last year and our daughter is 15 and he has never filed anything, nor have i, up until last summer, for sole physical custody and that i am an unfit parent for allowing our child to get a tattoo last Christmas. i have 2 weeks to respond to this motion and have NO idea what to do? please help me
You post is pretty close to incomprehensible:confused:

I would not let you near my kid if I were the other parent - that is a given.

RRevak

Um pot, meet kettle *sheesh* :mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">