• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Server Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brian996

My grandmother is having a problem with a server who is trying to serve my brother who does not live with her. My brother came to visit her over christmas and managed to get into trouble so her house is listed as his residence. Anyways, this server has come out three times so far. He came out at 6:45 in the morning the first time and started banging on the door and came back for a third time today. The guy started beating the door as hard as he could today and I called the police. My grandmother hid in the room she was so scared. When the useless police showed up he started knocking nicely and saying warrant. He did not say anything about a warrant when he first showed up and was literally beating the door down.

The cop of course took his side and was giving me a hard time about yelling after this ahole was literally punching our door. I informed this idiot in front of the cop that my brother does not live at this residence but I have a feeling he will be back. He seems to like intimidating 85 year old women and young girls. When this server originally came out he left his card on the door. My grandmother tried to call this scumbag several times, but he did not answer. That was two weeks ago.

How can we keep this creep from coming back and harassing us? I know he's already broken the law by looking in our windows and wearing a hat that says police, he hid it when the police showed up, which is impersonating a police officer.

We live in alabama.

Last edited:

Proserpina

My grandmother is having a problem with a server who is trying to serve my brother who does not live with her. My brother came to visit her over christmas and managed to get into trouble so her house is listed as his residence. Anyways, this server has come out three times so far. He came out at 6:45 in the morning the first time and started banging on the door and came back for a third time today. The guy started beating the door as hard as he could today and I called the police. My grandmother hid in the room she was so scared. When the useless police showed up he started knocking nicely and saying warrant. He did not say anything about a warrant when he first showed up and was literally beating the door down.

The cop of course took his side and was giving me a hard time about yelling after this ahole was literally punching our door. I informed this idiot in front of the cop that my brother does not live at this residence but I have a feeling he will be back. He seems to like intimidating 85 year old women and young girls. When this server originally came out he left his card on the door. My grandmother tried to call this scumbag several times, but he did not answer. That was two weeks ago.

How can we keep this creep from coming back and harassing us? I know he's already broken the law by looking in our windows and wearing a hat that says police, he hid it when the police showed up, which is impersonating a police officer.

We live in alabama.

Quoted for posterity.

It's alarming that you're more concerned about Dear Grandma being on the other side of the door than your deadbeat brother not supporting his child.

Says a lot.

Really.

OHRoadwarrior

For your further information, simply wearing a cap saying police, is not impersonating a police officer. There are people all over the country wearing NYPD shirts, hats etc. That fact that you are a naive young girl, explains why you think you brother should be exempt from supporting his own children. One must wonder what has become of your own parents.

LdiJ

Quoted for posterity.

It's alarming that you're more concerned about Dear Grandma being on the other side of the door than your deadbeat brother not supporting his child.

Says a lot.

Really.
While I don't disagree...I suspect that the OP's focus was on the fact that his 85 year old grandmother was being harassed.

Brian996

[

Quoted for posterity.

Says a lot.

Really.
The fact that you condone a grown man getting off on harassing an elderly woman and a young girl says a lot.

For your further information, simply wearing a cap saying police, is not impersonating a police officer. There are people all over the country wearing NYPD shirts, hats etc. That fact that you are a naive young girl, explains why you think you brother should be exempt from supporting his own children. One must wonder what has become of your own parents.
Oh, I totally agree with you that it's okay for this guy to harass an old woman because of something my brother's done. Sounds like another couple of scumbag cops or servers. And just for your information. Going around all sides of someones house and looking in the windows is breaking the law in every state in the union. Of course don't expect fine officers like yourself to uphold the law. You're only good for eating donuts.

Also, driving around in a car that is painted to match a police car and wearing clothes that say police on them would be impersonating a police officer. Now kindly exit my thread and don't come back. Feel free to jump off a cliff as well and make the world a better place. ;)

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
[

The fact that you condone a grown man getting off on harassing an elderly woman and a young girl says a lot.

Oh, I totally agree with you that it's okay for this guy to harass an old woman because of something my brother's done. Sounds like another couple of scumbag cops or servers. And just for your information. Going around all sides of someones house and looking in the windows is breaking the law in every state in the union. Of course I couldn't expect fine officers like yourself to uphold the law. You're only good for eating donuts.

And for your informationg driving around in a car that is painted to match a police car and wearing clothes that say police on them would be impersonating a police officer. Now kindly exit my thread and don't come back. Feel free to jump off a cliff as well and make the world a better place. ;)
Alrighty then. :cool:

sandyclaus

My grandmother is having a problem with a server who is trying to serve my brother who does not live with her. My brother came to visit her over christmas and managed to get into trouble so her house is listed as his residence...
Perhaps if your grandmother grew a set and told your brother to stop involving her in his legal issues, the servers and law enforcement wouldn't need to continue "harassing" her.... DUH! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You admit that the brother has listed HER address as HIS residence. Of course the servers and law enforcement are going to come knocking on the door to what they have been informed is HIS house to serve him with this child support warrant. And they will KEEP coming back as long as your brother fails to provide them with accurate residence information - AND your grandmother puts her foot down as far as allowing him to use her (her RESIDENCE) as a fallback to avoid the legal process.

Seriously. Your brother is the one to blame for this "harassment". Instead of blaming the folks who are simply doing their job with the information they were provided, try focusing your attention on the reason this whole thing got started in the first place. Point your finger THERE, at your brother.

As has been said before, the way to stop this in its entirety and get the problem solved once and for all is to tell them exactly where they can find your brother, and then let him handle his OWN business instead of dragging everyone else down with him. Of course, I gather that you probably aren't going to do that, and neither will your grandmother. You can be a part of the solution, or you can just perpetuate the problem like you'd rather do.

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

Hmmm, all I see is a guy trying to do his job, which happens to involve entire families full of deadbeats. I wonder what your position will be when you become pregnant and the dad leaves you.

[

Oh, I totally agree with you that it's okay for this guy to harass an old woman because of something my brother's done. Sounds like another couple of scumbag cops or servers. And just for your information. Going around all sides of someones house and looking in the windows is breaking the law in every state in the union. Of course don't expect fine officers like yourself to uphold the law. You're only good for eating donuts.

Also, driving around in a car that is painted to match a police car and wearing clothes that say police on them would be impersonating a police officer. Now kindly exit my thread and don't come back. Feel free to jump off a cliff as well and make the world a better place. ;)

OHRoadwarrior

You and I will have to agree to disagree on that one.
It does make you wonder why OP and grandma are afraid of the police though. It seems clear they thought it was an officer at the time initially. Perhaps they were afraid grandmas plants would be stolen.

LdiJ

It does make you wonder why OP and grandma are afraid of the police though. It seems clear they thought it was an officer at the time initially. Perhaps they were afraid grandmas plants would be stolen.
I saw nothing to indicate that they originally were not opening the door because they thought it was the police. In fact, it was just the opposite. OP called the police and they DID open the door once the police arrived.

The OP merely commented that the server wore a hat that said police and was therefore (in the OP's mind) trying to impersonate a police officer.

I am not 85 years old, I am 55 years old and I sure as heck would not opening the door if someone was doing the following:

The guy started beating the door as hard as he could today and I called the police.
I would have done exactly what the OP did.

You really need to read the threads more thoroughly.

OHRoadwarrior

We can agree to interpret it differently. OP can't argue both though.

I saw nothing to indicate that they originally were not opening the door because they thought it was the police. In fact, it was just the opposite. OP called the police and they DID open the door once the police arrived.

The OP merely commented that the server wore a hat that said police and was therefore (in the OP's mind) trying to impersonate a police officer.

I am not 85 years old, I am 55 years old and I sure as heck would not opening the door if someone was doing the following:

I would have done exactly what the OP did.

You really need to read the threads more thoroughly.

LdiJ

We can agree to interpret it differently. OP can't argue both though.
Do you ever just admit that you read something wrong? There is no interpretation possible other than the guy seriously banged on the door, the OP called the police, and they answered the door when the police got there.

OP was NOT arguing it both ways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">