• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement on child support arrears.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dividedranchnb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My x and I are trying to do a settlement on arrears. I have searched all over google and findlaw, for forms, templates, etc. I cannot locate a sample anywhere on how to complete this type of document. I was trying to not use an attorney and do it ourselves, but I have been searching and searching. Does anyone know a site that has a form I can use or can possibly email me a sample of a Texas settlement for arrears???

Thank you.

dividedranchnb

Still needing help.

I left a message for one lawyer and another with a wife of a lawyer who isn't sure if he(lawyer) can do this. Does anyone know or have nay advice to go about this?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My x and I are trying to do a settlement on arrears. I have searched all over google and findlaw, for forms, templates, etc. I cannot locate a sample anywhere on how to complete this type of document. I was trying to not use an attorney and do it ourselves, but I have been searching and searching. Does anyone know a site that has a form I can use or can possibly email me a sample of a Texas settlement for arrears???

Thank you.
Whether or not a settlement on arrears can be done depends upon to whom the arrears are owed. If it is mom or dad, its possible to settle. If its the state (because the state provided benefits to the child) then it is not possible.

You are not going to find a form for something like that.

dividedranchnb

Update

Whether or not a settlement on arrears can be done depends upon to whom the arrears are owed. If it is mom or dad, its possible to settle. If its the state (because the state provided benefits to the child) then it is not possible.

You are not going to find a form for something like that.
Ok.I was able to get some stuff done and I have a hearing the 29th of Jan to get my (hopefully get) my $1500.00 towards my balance (that I already paid), as well as my ex has agreed to take $7500 off what I owe. Here's my question. I owe $13,731.11 as of today (with 146.87 left to pay this month). Interest is $1915.02 and I know a little will get resolved once I get my $1500 credit, but what will happen with the rest. Will it get fixed due to the $7500 or will the the $7500 come off the total balance. I want to walk in to court with the money to pay the leftover balance, but I am having a diffcult time determining what I will have to pay. Anyone work in the AG's office or done something similar can help me out?

Last edited:

Just Blue

Ok.I was able to get some stuff done and I have a hearing the 29th of Jan to get my (hopefully get) my $1500.00 towards my balance (that I already paid), as well as my ex has agreed to take $7500 off what I owe. Here's my question. I owe $13,731.11 as of today (with 146.87 left to pay this month). Interest is $1915.02 and I know a little will get resolved once I get my $1500 credit, but what will happen with the rest. Will it get fixed due to the $7500 or will the the $7500 come off the total balance. I want to walk in to court with the money to pay the leftover balance, but I am having a diffcult time determining what I will have to pay. Anyone work in the AG's office or done something similar can help me out?
Why are you so far in arrears? :confused:

dividedranchnb

Why are you so far in arrears? :confused:
This is over a span of 4 years. I still pay monthly, but some months I have missed. When court increased my support by 3x the amount I was paying, I was not working, which started it. Before then I was never behind. I was on worker's comp the year leading up to the hearing. Then I had surgery, then I had a car accident. You name it, but with it increased it was harder pay, so ex has agreed to take off $7500 from when I was not working at all. I only missed 2 months last year, and this year a couple due to my car accident. Most of the arrears are from late 2010 when court increased it to end of 2011. With the increase they assessed 3k for the year we were waiting on court. That I paid off a 100 a month extra.

So do you know how they will assess the balance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">