• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shared Custody Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kjsimm4497

Louisiana
I was brought to child support court through the state in February of 2014. I have been paying $730 every month. After the court date, we later got shared custody (50/50) via an order signed by a judge. I would like to take the other parent back to court to use worksheet B to modify my child support payments. If the "normal" worksheet A is used, the calculation will show an increase in my monthly child support payments. If they use the shared custody worksheet, my payments should go down to at least $550. I am worried that the wrong worksheet is used. If we have court ordered shared custody, should worksheet B be the one to use?

Silverplum

Louisiana
I was brought to child support court through the state in February of 2014. I have been paying $730 every month. After the court date, we later got shared custody (50/50) via an order signed by a judge. I would like to take the other parent back to court to use worksheet B to modify my child support payments. If the "normal" worksheet A is used, the calculation will show an increase in my monthly child support payments. If they use the shared custody worksheet, my payments should go down to at least $550. I am worried that the wrong worksheet is used. If we have court ordered shared custody, should worksheet B be the one to use?
It seems so: http://www.thecivillawcenter.com/forms/obligation-worksheet-b/ :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">