• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shared Parenting and Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mazajo

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My fiance recently went to court for full custody of his six year old daughter. In court, during the guidance of the magistrate, my fiance and his ex agreed to shared parenting, with him being the residential parent and she would follow the standard order of parenting time (alternating weekends and holidays). It is also stated that he is to provide his ex with clothing for the child during her visitations and so on. Two weeks after court, my fiance learns that the magistrate did order him to continue paying child support. How can that be, with the child living with him and him being responsible for all her food/shelter/clothing/ect??

VeronicaGia

mazajo said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

My fiance recently went to court for full custody of his six year old daughter. In court, during the guidance of the magistrate, my fiance and his ex agreed to shared parenting, with him being the residential parent and she would follow the standard order of parenting time (alternating weekends and holidays). It is also stated that he is to provide his ex with clothing for the child during her visitations and so on. Two weeks after court, my fiance learns that the magistrate did order him to continue paying child support. How can that be, with the child living with him and him being responsible for all her food/shelter/clothing/ect??
If his income if extraordinarily high compared to hers, he could still end up paying her.

He needs to read those papers carefully and find out if there's an error somewhere....one that shows her as being the CP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">