• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She wont cash the checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yareli

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I give my kids mom the child support ordered by the court every 1st and 15th day of the month as the court ordered however she does not cash the checks way later than the date she is supposed to, this time she has not even cashed the check from the 15th and its already the 25th every time we go to court she always says i give her the checks late and that is not true, however i have a feeling she wont cash the check this time, what can i do to make sure she cant go to court and say i never gave her the check how can i proof i did or what can i do to stop this issue from happening, i should let you know im disabled and social security wont give her the money directly since social security does not count as income is there any form or something i can fill out to inform the court the situation?...PLEASE HELP!!!:(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I give my kids mom the child support ordered by the court every 1st and 15th day of the month as the court ordered however she does not cash the checks way later than the date she is supposed to, this time she has not even cashed the check from the 15th and its already the 25th every time we go to court she always says i give her the checks late and that is not true, however i have a feeling she wont cash the check this time, what can i do to make sure she cant go to court and say i never gave her the check how can i proof i did or what can i do to stop this issue from happening, i should let you know im disabled and social security wont give her the money directly since social security does not count as income is there any form or something i can fill out to inform the court the situation?...PLEASE HELP!!!:(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Request that you have to pay CSEA. Then CSEA will have to pay her and keep a record.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
SSI or SSDI? Means tested (SSI) or based on former employment (SSDI)? If it's SSDI, then there are dependent benefits available to the minor children; with the proper court filings, the dependent benefits would replace child support. :cool:

yareli

yes but the checks come to me they would not give it to the mom since we are not married and never were so i deposit them and then give her a personal check to her

CourtClerk

Go to the nearest social services offices and apply for services with the child support personnel.
Not necessary anymore

OP: Call the State Disbursement Unit (866) 901-3212 and tell them you want to open a private pay account. You send the money to them, they'll forward the money and do the accounting. It's out of your hands and you have proof that it's being paid. They'll tell you what things you need to send to them.

If they give you a problem, post back and I'll get you a list of the specific forms you need and a fax number or address, but I'm already home and I don't have that info handy. Besides, if you teach a man to fish....

yareli

Not necessary anymore

OP: Call the State Disbursement Unit (866) 901-3212 and tell them you want to open a private pay account. You send the money to them, they'll forward the money and do the accounting. It's out of your hands and you have proof that it's being paid. They'll tell you what things you need to send to them.

If they give you a problem, post back and I'll get you a list of the specific forms you need and a fax number or address, but I'm already home and I don't have that info handy. Besides, if you teach a man to fish....
ok ill do that and hopefully get my monthly problem solved, and maybe be able to get a good night sleep thank you so very much.

LdiJ

yes but the checks come to me they would not give it to the mom since we are not married and never were so i deposit them and then give her a personal check to her
Whether or not you were married is completely irrelevant as to who should be the rep payee for the children's benefits. If mom is the custodial parent she should be the rep payee.

You can get that changed and eliminate the problem.

CSO286

Not necessary anymore

I learned me sum'ting new today! Thanks!

mistoffolees

Not necessary anymore

OP:

However, it looks like the easier solution is simply to fix things so that the government checks go directly to Mom. If the only money involved is the government money, that would solve the problem. If you're also paying some money yourself, then CourtClerk's idea makes sense, as well.

yareli

Not necessary anymore

Hi again i called the number you gave me and the person that i talked to told me that she didnt know what i was talking about and that maybe i should think of paying her with money order, but how is that going to be sufficient proof, if there is a way you can upload the forms or instruction you were talking about i would really appreciate it, thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">