• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She's NOT PAYING

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eadie12

What is the name of your state? OHIO
My Husbands ex-wife was ordered to pay child support and some medical expenses for their only son. She recently moved to Florida and child support in Ohio is not persuing her for the almost $30,000. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get child support to do their job?

Shay-Pari'e

You need to explain more, especially since she is 30,000.00 behind. What has your husband been doing all this time?

eadie12

Shes NOT PAYING

My husbands ex wife is a paralegal. When I came into the picture about 13 years ago their son was living with him. They had a order of support and he paid regularly, bit the child lived with him. When I moved in she took the child and requested a modification. He paid support for 3 years. During those three years she decided she could not handle the child so they went back to court and she drew up a sharted parenting plan. She was to purchase clothes and pay half of medical. After a few years she refused to reimburse any medical or purchase clothing. She paid nothing. We got an attorney and she being a paralegal flooded the court with all kinds of legal bullcrap delaying everything. By the way our attorney stunk. She moved to Florida and did not give a forewarding address which was required by the shared parenting plan she drew up. The court maild her papers for an upcoming hearing and she did not respond. So the judge gave my husband full custody and ordered her to pay clear back to May 2004 plus 1/2 of medical expeses we could prove. We have given child support all the info they need work # and address home# and address, and they will not actively persue her. I dont know where to go from here.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What do you expect them to do to pursue her? The best they can do is contact the employer. And how does 2 years come to $30000?

eadie12

shes not paying

Child support has not contacted her work. It has been about 8 years since the shared parenting plan was ordered, the judge just ordered that since 2004 she pay a monthly amount in support. The boy has had a broken collar bone, broken arm, enourmaous medical costs, we have purchased all his clothing, school fees(which she is supposed to pay according to her own writing) braces and court fees. When my husband paid support the agency went after him whole heartedly, and he paid faithfully $1000 a month and that was 8 years ago. Why should she be treated differently when she makes 40 grand a year?

ceara19

eadie12 said:
Child support has not contacted her work. It has been about 8 years since the shared parenting plan was ordered, the judge just ordered that since 2004 she pay a monthly amount in support. The boy has had a broken collar bone, broken arm, enourmaous medical costs,
Treatment for a broken collar bone and a broken arm does NOT cost $60000.

we have purchased all his clothing, school fees(which she is supposed to pay according to her own writing) braces and court fees.
I very seriously doubt that you have bought the child $60K in clothes over the course of 2 years. If you did, you have more money then you do sense.
What kind of school is the child in?
If the braces you are referring to are on his teeth, that is a DENTAL cost and not a MEDICAL cost.

When my husband paid support the agency went after him wholeheartedly, and he paid faithfully $1000 a month and that was 8 years ago.
If he was paying faithfully, CSE would have no reason to go "after him wholeheartedly".

Why should she be treated differently when she makes 40 grand a year?
No one is saying that she SHOULD be treated differently, but you have yet to explain how you are coming up with $30K.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
eadie12 said:
Child support has not contacted her work. It has been about 8 years since the shared parenting plan was ordered, the judge just ordered that since 2004 she pay a monthly amount in support.

Well if the judge ordered it in 2004 then she was to start paying in 2004. Again how does it come to $30k in two years?

The boy has had a broken collar bone, broken arm, enourmaous medical costs,

A broken collar bone and arm? Does anyone have insurance on this child? If not has dad applied for state insurance for the child? Has insurance paid anything?

we have purchased all his clothing,

Dang. Parents are SUPPOSED TO DO THIS! The child is living with you for crying out loud. Clothing the child is providing for necessities. Mom is responsible for buying clothes for the child when the child is with her though sometimes in Ohio the Residential parent is supposed to provide them the NCP. Unless of course there is a COURT ORDER saying otherwise.

school fees(which she is supposed to pay according to her own writing)

Her own writing MEANS NOTHING in a family court. It has to be court ordered.

braces

Braces are dental costs. Not medical.

and court fees.

Was mom ordered to pay this amount? And even at that -- court fees get paid to the court NOT to dad or you. If the court wants their money they will go after mom for it.

When my husband paid support the agency went after him whole heartedly, and he paid faithfully $1000 a month and that was 8 years ago.

As Ceara said if dad paid faithfully then CSEA wouldn't have gone after him. So you are not making any sense.

Why should she be treated differently when she makes 40 grand a year?

Maybe because you have no clue what mom is supposed to pay. Did dad inform mom of the appointments when junior was hurt? Did dad inform mom when all of the appointments took place and when junior went to the hospital? Did dad inform mom of the bills when he received them and not a few months or a years later? Did dad inform mom so that mom could have some say when it came to braces? And did mom agree to pay for them by taking responsibility at the dentist -- i.e. signing a responsibility form stating that she would be financially responsible?
And what EXACTLY does the support order state that dad has?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">