• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I have an attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

82nd Airborne

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I have an upcoming child support case but it is not through child support enforcement. It was filed by my then attorney, actually after I had informed them that I would not be needing that office's services. Nevertheless, I have a child support case next Monday. I recently was awarded primary custody of my ex's and I's two daughters. Should I enter court with an attorney or will I be ok by myself? Also, what should I expect? Although we went to custody court this past September, I have had the girls for over a year and a half. The mother, who relocated to Georgia, told me a year ago that she is not going to help me with the girls financially. What should I expect and do you think I wilI receive support? Thanks.

single317dad

Support will probably be determined per state guidelines. Any deviation from guidelines will have to be justified by evidence presented. Probably the most straightforward process in family law, if there is such a thing.

CSE services are inexpensive and they are usually an experienced and effective bunch, though somewhat overbooked. I would recommend you retain their services for the future if you plan to proceed without private counsel.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If you have to ask? The answer is yes.

And isn't this what you wanted your crappy lawyer to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">