• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

show cause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

motorcityd

What is the name of your state? MI
:mad:im a gulf war vet when i rturned in 1993 i met and had a one night stand with a young lady never saw her again in oct of 95 im working at murrays 550 an hour i get a letter in the mail saying this woman claims im her baby daddy she is in SC im in MI i wrote the back saying i dont think so and lets do a paternity test.
a few weeks go by a packet of court doc from SC court saying the judge "finds" that im the daddy and orders me to pay 240 a month based off my last income which was when we met i was in the service. some kind of way friend of the court here in wayne county starts taking money out of my checks for support and back payments cause the child was born in 94 so at 550 an hour im going broke i call friend of the court and say look i dont even if this child is mine you guys are taking money out of my check and i dont have any contact with this child at all the man replied very rudely thats not their problem and i should hire an attorney ofcourse i cant afford to do that so long stong short i quit my job
i started working here and there now its ten years later im working again
every year they take what little money and taxes they now i get a letter saying pay 6000 or else then i get one say come to court to show cause"
my question is what do i do ? let them take my money and live in poverty
for a child that i dont know is mine and have never seen or will ever see?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

motorcityd said:
What is the name of your state? MI
:mad:im a gulf war vet when i rturned in 1993 i met and had a one night stand with a young lady never saw her again in oct of 95 im working at murrays 550 an hour i get a letter in the mail saying this woman claims im her baby daddy she is in SC im in MI i wrote the back saying i dont think so and lets do a paternity test.
a few weeks go by a packet of court doc from SC court saying the judge "finds" that im the daddy and orders me to pay 240 a month based off my last income which was when we met i was in the service. some kind of way friend of the court here in wayne county starts taking money out of my checks for support and back payments cause the child was born in 94 so at 550 an hour im going broke i call friend of the court and say look i dont even if this child is mine you guys are taking money out of my check and i dont have any contact with this child at all the man replied very rudely thats not their problem and i should hire an attorney ofcourse i cant afford to do that so long stong short i quit my job
i started working here and there now its ten years later im working again
every year they take what little money and taxes they now i get a letter saying pay 6000 or else then i get one say come to court to show cause"
my question is what do i do ? let them take my money and live in poverty
for a child that i dont know is mine and have never seen or will ever see?

My response:

Didn't you learn anything in school about spelling, grammar, or punctuation?

I started to read your post, but after the first sentence I said to myself, "Forget it. I'm not fighting through this bullcrap!"

IAAL

angelave

It is your responsiblity to see the child not the courts and stop being a deadbeat dad and pay up. Your the type of person that gives the good dads a bad name. Get a real job or TWO and support the child that you helped bring into the world. When you play you pay. Put on a raincoat if you don't want to live up to your responsibilties. :mad:

ryo

angelave said:
It is your responsiblity to see the child not the courts and stop being a deadbeat dad and pay up. Your the type of person that gives the good dads a bad name. Get a real job or TWO and support the child that you helped bring into the world. When you play you pay. Put on a raincoat if you don't want to live up to your responsibilties. :mad:
he'd be pretty stupid to just agree without any proof the child is his, by all means he should help support the child if it turns out to be his, but there's been no DNA test, and this woman could've slept with 100 people that month or something!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I suspect that first letter had something in it about a court hearing - which you likely defaulted on. And it's likely too late now to get out of it. A better plan of action would be to go to court for visitation so that you CAN get to know the child.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stealth2 said:
A better plan of action would be to go to court for visitation so that you CAN get to know the child.

My response:

Why? So he can teach the kid all he knows? Some kids, believe it or not are, in fact better off without their "functionally illiterate" parent.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">