• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sickandtired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jip7264

What is the name of your state? New York

My ex-husband thinks that what he pays in child support(700/mo., mind you I live in New York.) is much more than is what's need to raise a 12 year old girl, and thinks I should be putting the extra money away for things such as braces and tutoring, which my daughter now needs both. I'm pretty sure that child support is only for shelter, food and clothing. He has been saying this to me for years. I know legally he can't make me put money away, but I need him to stop bothering me once and for all.

Last edited:

king sol

He probably won't stop bothering you until your child is 18 and out on her own.

In one ear and out the other. This is the best advice available for those with a naggig ex-spouse or current spouse (for that mattter).

xrevvyx

jip7264 said:
extra money away for things such as braces and tutoring, which my daughter now needs both.

I have a feeling that the nagger/naggee relationship is going to change once you start getting the bills for these 2 items and expect him to pay his "portion" .. unless you never plan on asking him to pay - in that case, my appologies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">