• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simply cannot take it anymore. Need help Desperately!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

motosk8er2

hi, i am in desperate need of help regarding my child and childsupport.
A little backround, I live in NY and i am 20 years old. My ex got pregnant, we didnt know yet, she left me for my best friend, after she found out she was pregnant he split and i came back for some reason. We tried to make it work but she is an evil person and a heroin addict. I had to leave her, i couldnt risk my own life, and i knew i had to get custody to save my daughters life. When she was born she had to be rushed to a different hospital because she was going threw withdrawals, and had trouble breathing. CPS got involved but she got out of it by flashing her prescriptions. I had a job at ********** and made about $400 a month, i went to court for child support and gave them my pay stubs, they knew how much i made, and i got a bill saying i must pay $780 a month. that was 2 weeks ago, i lost my job about a week after that due to this and now i dont make anything, nor do i get to see my daughter, and they are sending me threatening messages. I just got a new letter in today and somehow they said i now owe $12,000!! What can i do? For the past week I tried to tell them i lost my job but no one would listen, or would just say they where transfering me and than hang up. are they going to arrest me? I feel so helpless, i want to see my baby, and i want to support her but i cant even afford to buy gas to drive to the court, or to apply for jobs, but i am doing applications online. I really need some advice, can the really arrest me because i lost my job and i cant pay that right now? How can i get someone to listenn to me, and tell them i lost my job? I just keep getting bills and threats but when i try to respond and explain they ignore me. I cant take it anymore, its killing me. Ive always done right, im the good guy who gets taken advantage of and i got involved with a bad apple, and now there gonna arrest me? My ex doesnt spend a dime on my daughter, i bought her everything she needed, and now i lost my job and she wants more money to feed her addiction. Please give me any advice or info, im losing it......thank you in advance.

Proserpina

hi, i am in desperate need of help regarding my child and childsupport.
A little backround, I live in NY and i am 20 years old. My ex got pregnant, we didnt know yet, she left me for my best friend, after she found out she was pregnant he split and i came back for some reason. We tried to make it work but she is an evil person and a heroin addict. I had to leave her, i couldnt risk my own life, and i knew i had to get custody to save my daughters life. When she was born she had to be rushed to a different hospital because she was going threw withdrawals, and had trouble breathing. CPS got involved but she got out of it by flashing her prescriptions. I had a job at ********** and made about $400 a month, i went to court for child support and gave them my pay stubs, they knew how much i made, and i got a bill saying i must pay $780 a month. that was 2 weeks ago, i lost my job about a week after that due to this and now i dont make anything, nor do i get to see my daughter, and they are sending me threatening messages. I just got a new letter in today and somehow they said i now owe $12,000!! What can i do? For the past week I tried to tell them i lost my job but no one would listen, or would just say they where transfering me and than hang up. are they going to arrest me? I feel so helpless, i want to see my baby, and i want to support her but i cant even afford to buy gas to drive to the court, or to apply for jobs, but i am doing applications online. I really need some advice, can the really arrest me because i lost my job and i cant pay that right now? How can i get someone to listenn to me, and tell them i lost my job? I just keep getting bills and threats but when i try to respond and explain they ignore me. I cant take it anymore, its killing me. Ive always done right, im the good guy who gets taken advantage of and i got involved with a bad apple, and now there gonna arrest me? My ex doesnt spend a dime on my daughter, i bought her everything she needed, and now i lost my job and she wants more money to feed her addiction. Please give me any advice or info, im losing it......thank you in advance.

You need to file for visitation.

And you need to file to modify your current orders -calling isn't going to accomplish anything.

The court can, if you're involuntarily unemployed, lower the current obligation though it won't wipe the arrears.

NY is fairly friendly to pro se litigants; have you googled to see if Mom's county (that's where you'd file) has forms online?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">