• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So Sad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

Even though my husband's ex is a money grubbing bitch, we always go along when she tries to raise child support because even if it doesn't go directly towards the kids, we hope that it will at least make their lifestyle easier. So, even when it makes us struggle as non-custodials, we pray that that woman we dislike at least provides a better life on our behalf.

So, from someone who PAYS child support, you whiners need to shut up, you sound like my husband's ex. "How can I get more money, how can I enforce this?" Child support is there for a reason, but it is NOT the end-all-be-all. You better be a real parent and strive to make a better life for the children instead of sitting still and relying on an ex.

QUIT IT

Phnx02

You are a very bitter new wife....and it's always the new wife or girlfriend that complains. You knew he had children to support before you married him so you could have chosen to bail out before you made it your problem too. How do you know none of his CS goes towards the kids? Do you live in her house and pay her bills? Do you balance her checkbook for her? Do you have your own kids to support? If you did, you'd know that CS goes towards more than just buying kids new clothes and toys every month. It helps pay for putting a roof over their heads, electricity, running water & food in their mouths. This is just the basics. Do his kids watch cable tv? Play video games? Play sports? Take school field trips? Go to birthday parties? This is all modern day life and CS covers all this too. If the ex didn't have all these extra expenses to include kids, her own personal living needs would be cut in half....and she wouldn't need CS to cover the costs of supporting additional people!

Raising and supporting kids is a 2-parent job......physically, morally, and financially. If the NCP's income increases over time, then his/her children are entitled to share in the wealth.....not just be tossed aside, forgotten about, and make them someone else's responsibility. Just as you are sick and tired of hearing CP's complain of wanting or needing more money to support their children, there's plenty of us that are sick and tired of hearing the new wife/girlfriend complain about how too much money escapes their selfish, greedy hands every month!

texasdawn

As the "new wife" myself, I can relate to a point to the original poster. In my case, however, we *know* none of the support goes to his child. The woman has no bills..literally (lives with her father willingly) and we paythe child support and we pay for clothes, school supplies, etc. WE do everythign for the child.

His ex is also a money hungry woman. It is very aggrivating, and frustrating. Not because she is taking money out of my "greedy hands" each month, but that we pay to take care of the child, and the child is not being taken care of. It does, indeed, make life harder on us when we have to pay the CS + actually make sure the child is taken care of, so we are payign like double! I won't get into why we can't get custody (long story of no evidence). I do believe in karma, and what goes around comes around. For those who do pay support like they should, a big smile to you. for those who dont pay, or for those who are the CP and just want more and more money for themselves...it all come around. The only thing you can do is hope for the best for the child and do what the law says to do..pay the support.

Shay-Pari'e

texasdawn said:
As the "new wife" myself, I can relate to a point to the original poster. In my case, however, we *know* none of the support goes to his child. The woman has no bills..literally (lives with her father willingly) and we paythe child support and we pay for clothes, school supplies, etc. WE do everythign for the child.

His ex is also a money hungry woman. It is very aggrivating, and frustrating. Not because she is taking money out of my "greedy hands" each month, but that we pay to take care of the child, and the child is not being taken care of. It does, indeed, make life harder on us when we have to pay the CS + actually make sure the child is taken care of, so we are payign like double! I won't get into why we can't get custody (long story of no evidence). I do believe in karma, and what goes around comes around. For those who do pay support like they should, a big smile to you. for those who dont pay, or for those who are the CP and just want more and more money for themselves...it all come around. The only thing you can do is hope for the best for the child and do what the law says to do..pay the support.
Do you realize the state has guidelines for support? It's not the "X" asking, it is the state demanding it.Your husband cannot get custody for reasons you won't explain, so get off BIO MOM'S back.

You sound bitter, and it is NONE of your business . You are correct, what comes around goes around, and you may find yourself in her shoes.

rmet4nzkx

Karen,
I sat back and observed you yesterday and didn't respond to any of your threads, I did notice several things. You started 4 threads and in a period of 5 hours and 4 minutes, you posted 42 times! There is no way I'm ging to read all of these, but of those I did, I observed on this thread that you admit to being confused by the laws in the state of OK, that you are intentionally trying to distract your rival, the "EX", and that you have parinoid tendencies with the belief that your husband's ex wife would need to conspire to obtain your husband's DOB and SSN both of which she would already have from their tax returns. On another thread where you responded, you couldn't comprehend what was happening and once it was explained you took the oppisite stand. While some senior members may due to their expertise respond to a number of quesitons, it is highly unusual for a new member to come forth, admitting that they are confused on the law and then turn around posting as if you had some expertise. This is not a support group or a place to vent. Unbiased objective advice is the goal of the forum, not promoting a personal bias or agenda, although it happens.

You are running around on this forum like a chicken with your head cut off. The informaiton you contribute is not responsive to the question, you have your own focus and agenda which you superimpose in your posts. This forum can be a good place to learn and gather information, there is no requirement that you post when you don't have anything to contribute or to give innaccurate information. You may want to distract your husband's ex, that tactic doesn't help here. In fact your excessive energy, lack of focus and comprehension may actually work against what ever your husband is doing as they may see you first of all as interfering, but most importantly, they may see you as mentally unsound. My suggesiton is to see your doctor about these problems and ask for a referal to a psychiatrist to evaluate you as medication may help you foucs and have better uderstanding.

BelizeBreeze

KarenWalker said:

Even though my husband's ex is a money grubbing bitch, we always go along when she tries to raise child support because even if it doesn't go directly towards the kids, we hope that it will at least make their lifestyle easier. So, even when it makes us struggle as non-custodials, we pray that that woman we dislike at least provides a better life on our behalf.

So, from someone who PAYS child support, you whiners need to shut up, you sound like my husband's ex. "How can I get more money, how can I enforce this?" Child support is there for a reason, but it is NOT the end-all-be-all. You better be a real parent and strive to make a better life for the children instead of sitting still and relying on an ex.

QUIT IT
PMS on steroids :rolleyes:

carofl93

Phnx02 said:
You are a very bitter new wife....and it's always the new wife or girlfriend that complains. Raising and supporting kids is a 2-parent job......physically, morally, and financially. If the NCP's income increases over time, then his/her children are entitled to share in the wealth.....not just be tossed aside, forgotten about, and make them someone else's responsibility. Just as you are sick and tired of hearing CP's complain of wanting or needing more money to support their children, there's plenty of us that are sick and tired of hearing the new wife/girlfriend complain about how too much money escapes their selfish, greedy hands every month!
Please rephrase or rethink this as there are new wives/girlfriends who don't complain about CS money. I never said word 1 about how much my husband paid in CS. His kids were in the picture before I was. When I got pregnant with our first child I still never complained about the money, simply budgeted a little more than I usually did because again, his other kids were there before our baby was. I wouldn't want my child to have more simply because he was littler...they are all equally needing of money and love. Just my 2 cents worth.

Carol

LdiJ

Karen,

I have now read all of your threads, and I have to honestly say that I think that you are using totally the wrong strategies and I think its going to bite your husband in the butt.

Your idea of "keeping her busy" is nothing more than a form of harassment that will certainly annoy the heck out of the family court judge, AND possibly get you/him charged with harassment.

Please consider the advice that I gave you previously. Fight to have visitation re-established and enforced, in a manner that is best for the kids, and forget about the rest of it...at least for now.

I know that mom is a total jerk...however your husband being a jerk back doesn't make him look like the better person or the better parent.

AHA

KarenWalker said:

QUIT IT
And starting a thread by calling everyone whiners and telling them to shut up will get you absolutely masses of crap dumped on you(which will go well with the attitude coming out of your mouth!). You get what you deserve!!!

texasdawn

--PARIDISE-- said:
Do you realize the state has guidelines for support? It's not the "X" asking, it is the state demanding it.Your husband cannot get custody for reasons you won't explain, so get off BIO MOM'S back.

You sound bitter, and it is NONE of your business . You are correct, what comes around goes around, and you may find yourself in her shoes.

I will explain if you'd like. We spent every dime we had last year to get custody of his daughter. The bio-mom has had CPS called on her several times, there are bruises on both of her children (one being my stepdaughter), the child has said that she has "been touched" by one of her mom's boyfriends, the poor kid has a horrible case of headlice that i have to treat every single time she comes over (even though it's a losing battle, at least we won't get the lice), and right before we started trying for custody, the child was 4 and was rushed to MY home by her mother because apparently the child ate some cocaine. The bio-mom was in a panic but of course didn't want to bring her to the ER so she wouldn't get in trouble. Long story short, they never did anything about it, but WE were the ones to bring her in. We gathered all of our money and took out a loan. We were well on our way to fight for custody. as soon as I signed the check over to the lawyer, he said it would be impossible to prove her unfit unless we had "a picture of the mother smoking crack with the daughter". So we got a bad attourney, we are broke from paying it all to the attourney, and we are still paying our obligations to CS, as well as taking care of our own 2 kids. We haev no where else to turn to, and as far as the state is concerned my hubby is the "worse" parent because he owes back child support (not from not paying, just from being stupid enough to pay out of pocket and not to go through the state...so he had no proof of payment).My stepdaughter is being neglected and being abused, so don't judge me before you hear the story. It's notthat I won't explain, I just thought I would spare you all of hearing another horrifying story.

I do realize it's the state with X amount of money for the guidelines. The "money hungry" part is where she takes all of the child support and my stepdaughter STILL has NO needs met. The poor kid was sent home from school (and the school called me by the way because the mother was asleep at home at noon), I had to pick her up, the reason they sent her home was because of the "extreme case of headlice and the body odor. " She was being teased and picked on. Now, tell ME that child support each month can't buy a friggin $10 box of lice removal???? Or it cant' buy her necessary school clothes? Or can't get the kid's hair cut? What about when the child tells me that she can cook breakfast by herself. When I gell her she shouldn't because it's dangerous to cook, she explains "No, i just eat the hotdogs cold out of the package". :eek: SO...Iwill NOT get off of bio-moms back because I could give a **** about her, I care about my stepdaughter!

I am a little bitter. Simply because it's not fair to any of us when the deadbeat moms get all of the credit and the dads who are really trying are peices of **** simply because they are the dad and happen to be the NCP. YOU sound bitter yourself. Perhaps you are the CP mother who was stupid enough to sleep with some sperm donor of a father who doesn't pay you for your child???? I BET that's what it is. So get off of yoru high horse because what goes around DOES come around, and YOU might end up being the stepparent who sincerely cares yet gets judged and trampled on by some idiot who has no idea what they are talking about. "I'm a biological mom so all biological moms are good people". PLEASE-stick theat theory up your ass. ;)

rmet4nzkx

texasdawn said:
I will explain if you'd like.

I am a little bitter. PLEASE-stick theat theory up your ass. ;)
Please don't hijack a thread so you can rant. This is a site for legal topics, not ranting because you or someone else failed to acheive your goal. I guess you can stick that where the sun don't shine :rolleyes:

Shay-Pari'e

texasdawn said:
I will explain if you'd like. We spent every dime we had last year to get custody of his daughter. The bio-mom has had CPS called on her several times, there are bruises on both of her children (one being my stepdaughter), the child has said that she has "been touched" by one of her mom's boyfriends, the poor kid has a horrible case of headlice that i have to treat every single time she comes over (even though it's a losing battle, at least we won't get the lice), and right before we started trying for custody, the child was 4 and was rushed to MY home by her mother because apparently the child ate some cocaine. The bio-mom was in a panic but of course didn't want to bring her to the ER so she wouldn't get in trouble. Long story short, they never did anything about it, but WE were the ones to bring her in. We gathered all of our money and took out a loan. We were well on our way to fight for custody. as soon as I signed the check over to the lawyer, he said it would be impossible to prove her unfit unless we had "a picture of the mother smoking crack with the daughter". So we got a bad attourney, we are broke from paying it all to the attourney, and we are still paying our obligations to CS, as well as taking care of our own 2 kids. We haev no where else to turn to, and as far as the state is concerned my hubby is the "worse" parent because he owes back child support (not from not paying, just from being stupid enough to pay out of pocket and not to go through the state...so he had no proof of payment).My stepdaughter is being neglected and being abused, so don't judge me before you hear the story. It's notthat I won't explain, I just thought I would spare you all of hearing another horrifying story.

I do realize it's the state with X amount of money for the guidelines. The "money hungry" part is where she takes all of the child support and my stepdaughter STILL has NO needs met. The poor kid was sent home from school (and the school called me by the way because the mother was asleep at home at noon), I had to pick her up, the reason they sent her home was because of the "extreme case of headlice and the body odor. " She was being teased and picked on. Now, tell ME that child support each month can't buy a friggin $10 box of lice removal???? Or it cant' buy her necessary school clothes? Or can't get the kid's hair cut? What about when the child tells me that she can cook breakfast by herself. When I gell her she shouldn't because it's dangerous to cook, she explains "No, i just eat the hotdogs cold out of the package". :eek: SO...Iwill NOT get off of bio-moms back because I could give a **** about her, I care about my stepdaughter!

I am a little bitter. Simply because it's not fair to any of us when the deadbeat moms get all of the credit and the dads who are really trying are peices of **** simply because they are the dad and happen to be the NCP. YOU sound bitter yourself. Perhaps you are the CP mother who was stupid enough to sleep with some sperm donor of a father who doesn't pay you for your child???? Funny, you really are bitter.Not that it is any of your business, but I have been married to the same hunk of a man for 10 years, and two great kids. I've never been divorced.

I BET that's what it is. You lost that bet. :rolleyes:

So get off of yoru high horse because what goes around DOES come around, and YOU might end up being the stepparent who sincerely cares yet gets judged and trampled on by some idiot who has no idea what they are talking about. "I'm a biological mom so all biological moms are good people". PLEASE-stick theat theory up your ass. ;) Yep!..your bitter.

Now to your explanation that I did not ask you for,..........I don't believe you, and I will tell you why. If that child had lice and body odor continually as you stated, CPS would not let that slide. CPS let it slide when she claimed of being touched? CPS saw the bruises? There are pleanty of valid reasons why your hubby should have custody, but yet he doesn't. You want us to believe CPS did nothing when the doctor notified them after swollowing crack?

I don't believe a word you wrote in this post, and if your hubby has done nothing in regards to the things you stated, then he is not fit to be a parent.

Last edited:

Phnx02

To Paradise:

Paradise:
This has nothing to do with the recent post's problems.
I am wondering if you can tell me how you reply with the quote, and then put your answer in BOLD after certain sentences/paragraphs. I can't figure out how to do this! :(
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">