• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Disability and Arrears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

takestime959

California

My military retirement has been garnished to pay for my children because my ex was until recently living on welfare in California so they had the child support people come after me. I was then approved for Social Security Disability due to my injuries in the war. She was sent a big check about $27,000.00 for the kids. Of course she never told the child support people about this check and I have since called them about it. California just wants their money back for the welfare paid. Does the SSD payments count towards the welfare/child support arrears in California even though the mother was paid for the children and not California welfare directly? I know other states they must apply the payments, but I'm not sure about California. If so, does anyone know of the State Statute that covers this?

Also, how do I get my garnishment stopped with my military retirement? They (California) now owe me money as the SSD and the Garnishment payments have paid way over the amount they say I owe.

Last edited:

BL

As you know your children are also Entitled to Benifits because of your SSD.

You need to take this in for Modification Hearing .

Bring all your Proofs .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">