• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social security disability and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kobrien

What is the name of your state? CA

My son has been eligible for child support even though his father was receiving Social Security Disability Benefits and now that he is incarcerated I have not been receiving any child support. Is there any way I can petition the SSI office to continue receiving Child Support? Or am I just screwed?

bononos

kobrien said:

My son has been eligible for child support even though his father was receiving Social Security Disability Benefits and now that he is incarcerated I have not been receiving any child support. Is there any way I can petition the SSI office to continue receiving Child Support? Or am I just screwed?
Is there a court order for child support?

BL

kobrien said:

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=426&p_created=973093075&p_sid=9s_uko2i&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTkmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWdhcm5pc2g*&p_li=&p_topview=1

If you have a valid Court Order for Child support , contact SSA's toll free # , or visit your Local SSA Office , taking your Proof .

Because this is SSDI , I don't believe the Children's SSA benefits have been stopped , correct ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">