• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

some general questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrJenkins

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oh

I am not sure if I should have posted in my other thread, but since it was about visitation and not support, I'll post it here.

I just had some general support questions. Currently, I live about 180 miles from my daughter and pay all associate cost with visitation. I receive 4 hours a month right now, but soon have a court date to have a set visitation schedule in order. I am wondering if they take in living situations when establishing support orders and travel cost. We both make the same amount of money, but she doesn't have any bills due to living with her parents. I on the other hand have your nomal bills(rent, insurance, electric, etc). Should I ask for split cost for visitation, and when should I request it (wait until I have over night, or can it include my supervised visits there).

Also, I carry medical coverage on our daughter which reduces our support. My ex also has very good insurance that she carries on our daughter as well. Should we modify it to take her off my insurance and increase the monthly support, or would it be wise to leave her on?

Also,
quick question about visitation..
would my 6 months of visitation be considered when establishing a timeline to get me at the point of 1 weekend a month from friday-sunday visitation? and is it possible that I will receive an overnight visit, but must stay in town? if so, what would be the best way to exercise that option? hotel room? or renting a room from an older couple. I am curious cause I am sketchy about bringing her around people I don't really know and I think 2 years old is too young to be sleeping in a hotel. I am trying to prepare myself so when I meet with my attorney, I can be clear as to what I am asking for.

Thanks

penelope10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oh

I am not sure if I should have posted in my other thread, but since it was about visitation and not support, I'll post it here.

I just had some general support questions. Currently, I live about 180 miles from my daughter and pay all associate cost with visitation. I receive 4 hours a month right now, but soon have a court date to have a set visitation schedule in order. I am wondering if they take in living situations when establishing support orders and travel cost. We both make the same amount of money, but she doesn't have any bills due to living with her parents. I on the other hand have your nomal bills(rent, insurance, electric, etc). Should I ask for split cost for visitation, and when should I request it (wait until I have over night, or can it include my supervised visits there).

Also, I carry medical coverage on our daughter which reduces our support. My ex also has very good insurance that she carries on our daughter as well. Should we modify it to take her off my insurance and increase the monthly support, or would it be wise to leave her on?

Also,
quick question about visitation..
would my 6 months of visitation be considered when establishing a timeline to get me at the point of 1 weekend a month from friday-sunday visitation? and is it possible that I will receive an overnight visit, but must stay in town? if so, what would be the best way to exercise that option? hotel room? or renting a room from an older couple. I am curious cause I am sketchy about bringing her around people I don't really know and I think 2 years old is too young to be sleeping in a hotel. I am trying to prepare myself so when I meet with my attorney, I can be clear as to what I am asking for.

Thanks
In your last post you stated you had an attorney. Have you run these questions by he or she?

MrJenkins

In your last post you stated you had an attorney. Have you run these questions by he or she?

I have not. My attorney has not really been good at returning my calls, although she did give me a heads up that she was working on 2 rough cases and since our court date wasn't until June, that she would give me more attention in the middle of May.

I was trying to acheive some type of general knowledge beforehand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">