• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son now living with father -change support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carol66

Washington. My husband's son is now living with us full time. (used to be with us every other weekend). He sees his mom every other weekend. We are still paying her child support. Do we have to still pay child support to her?

bononos

carol66 said:
Washington. My husband's son is now living with us full time. (used to be with us every other weekend). He sees his mom every other weekend. We are still paying her child support. Do we have to still pay child support to her?
He still has to pay until the CO is changed.
He should immediately file to modify not only the child support but the custody order as well.
He can also file to have mom pay support and it will be retroactive from the date he files to modify, so the sooner the better.

Like B said.:D

What were the circumstances that Son came to live with father?

How long has son been living with father?

What are the chances that Mom is going to continue to let son live with father once reality sets in that she will be paying father child support?:eek:

carol66

Son wanted to go to the high school in our district (I think he also didn't want to live with his mom anymore) He's been living with us for almost 2 years now. We don't want to ask son's mom for any child support, we just want to stop paying money to her.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
carol66 said:
Son wanted to go to the high school in our district (I think he also didn't want to live with his mom anymore) He's been living with us for almost 2 years now. We don't want to ask son's mom for any child support, we just want to stop paying money to her.
Dad still needs to file with the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">