• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son Turns 18 In November

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newwife03

What is the name of your state? TX- MY DIVORCE PAPERS STATES THAT THE FATHER HAS TO PAY CS FOR OUR KIDS AS LONG AS THEY GO TO AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL-DOES THAT MEAN JUST HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE OR EVEN A TRADE SCHOOL THEY ARE ALL ACCREDITED SCHOOL?

Zephyr

does it say post secondary school? or until the child graduates or turns 19 oranything like that?

BelizeBreeze

newwife03 said:
What is the name of your state? TX- MY DIVORCE PAPERS STATES THAT THE FATHER HAS TO PAY CS FOR OUR KIDS AS LONG AS THEY GO TO AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL-DOES THAT MEAN JUST HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE OR EVEN A TRADE SCHOOL THEY ARE ALL ACCREDITED SCHOOL?
Take the caps off then come back here and type EXACTLY word for word what the order says.

Silverplum

newwife03 said:
What I put is what it says without caps.

It does not state secondary school at all.
Wow. You just blew your chance to be helped, for free, by a very smart Attorney. Not smart. :eek:

AHA

newwife03 said:
What I put is what it says without caps.

It does not state secondary school at all.
If you want help that will/can possibly benefit you, provide exactly what it says in the order, just like the lawyer in a previously post asked you to. The order is most likely worded differently and that can make all the difference in the legal advice.

newwife03 said:
In TX, child support continues until the child reaches 18yo or graduates from high school...whichever occurs last.

If it's a TX order and it is written "exactly" as you have stated, Dad can certainly have the order modified.

If Dad wants to pay until the youngest child graduates from Katy Kommunity Kollege at age 34, there's nothing that prohibits you from accepting the cash.

Inquiry123 said:
In TX, child support continues until the child reaches 18yo or graduates from high school...whichever occurs last.

If it's a TX order and it is written "exactly" as you have stated, Dad can certainly have the order modified.

If Dad wants to pay until the youngest child graduates from Katy Kommunity Kollege at age 34, there's nothing that prohibits you from accepting the cash.
This is gospil. Anything past 18 or post graduation is gravy unless the kid is a special needs child, then things are a little different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">