• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son wants to move and stay with Father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magaulke

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Taking place in the State of Wisconsin.

My son wants to move in with me (Father) and go to school here. Both my Ex-wife and I agree to this move and we have filled out the Stipulation and order to Change form. At this point, because we are both in agreement, we are trying to do this on our own. One part of the agreement was that I did not want my Ex-wife to pay any child support to me when this change happened. On the stipulation and order to change form, I stated in that area (child support) that I wanted $0.00 from my Ex. All of the paperwork was completed, signed, etc and turned into Child Services. They stated that their Lawyer needed to review this. I got a call back from them today stating that this was rejected and the Child support area needed Clarification. What does Clarification mean? What more is expected if we both agree to these terms. I basically do not want any support from my Ex...yet I still want her to have our son every other weekend where she lives. Please help...very frustrated why this was rejected. What are my options?
Thank you!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Taking place in the State of Wisconsin.

My son wants to move in with me (Father) and go to school here. Both my Ex-wife and I agree to this move and we have filled out the Stipulation and order to Change form. At this point, because we are both in agreement, we are trying to do this on our own. One part of the agreement was that I did not want my Ex-wife to pay any child support to me when this change happened. On the stipulation and order to change form, I stated in that area (child support) that I wanted $0.00 from my Ex. All of the paperwork was completed, signed, etc and turned into Child Services. They stated that their Lawyer needed to review this. I got a call back from them today stating that this was rejected and the Child support area needed Clarification. What does Clarification mean? What more is expected if we both agree to these terms. I basically do not want any support from my Ex...yet I still want her to have our son every other weekend where she lives. Please help...very frustrated why this was rejected. What are my options?
Thank you!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Try putting in a line that states "Parties agree that neither party owes any child support obligation for the care of Junior."

OR

Call them and ask what kind of clarification they are seeking.

mistoffolees

Try putting in a line that states "Parties agree that neither party owes any child support obligation for the care of Junior."

OR

Call them and ask what kind of clarification they are seeking.
Yep. It sounds like a technicality. They're not likely to block the change when both parents agree to it.

One more possibility - some states have lousy computer systems. For example, I was paying unemployment insurance for my daughter's babysitter. One quarter, she did not work, so I tried to send in the form saying $0.00 in wages paid. The system would not accept it, so I put in $0.01 and it worked. If they won't accept the above wording, perhaps they simply require SOMETHING to be there, so say "Parties agree that NCP owes $1.00 per month in child support obligation for the care of Junior".

Why is Child Services involved, anyway?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">