• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

South Dakota Motion to Terminate Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markymarc

My child turned 18 and is in College full-time. Custody order and child support order is in South Dakota.

I have been searching high and low on the internet for hours, yet I can not find a 'motion to terminate child support' form for the state of South Dakota.

But, I can find the form for many, many other states?

So, my question is, does Child Support in South Dakota automatically stop at age 18? Does the state AUTOMATICALLY stop it?

OR do I need to file a motion? If I do need to file a motion, does anyone have the specific form for the state of South Dakota?

Thank you in advance.

M/M

meanyjack

You need to file it on your own. You just write up your own motion and lay out the facts. If your order is being enforced through a support agency, call them and ask them for the appropriate forms.

markymarc

Hope this will help someone else in the future.

In the state of South Dakota, the case automatically is considered paid in full upon the 18th birthday (if graduated from High School, 19 if not) and IF YOU HAVE NO ARREARS. A 60 day close notice gets sent to the custodial parent. Barring any medical bills etc that are outstanding, the case AUTOMATICALLY closes.

M/M

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">