• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Split custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEPUPORSITDOWN

What is the name of your state?
Colorado

I am looking for advice regarding several issues with 50/50 custody.

Background:
Custody is split 50/50
CS is paid to one party for 2 boys, $170.00 per month.

Here are the issues or questions.

1) Even though he pays CS he never takes care of incidental shopping needs while he has the children. When they need school supplies or supplies for school projects she has to make sure it is taken care of.
When the boys ask about new clothes, shoes he responds "thats what I pay your mom CS for"
2) She constantly has to cover responsibilites he has to the boys during their stay with him because its his bowling night or he has some other excuse.
Now I understand that she loves them and will not make them suffer because he is selfish but I dont feel like its fair and that he is taking advantage of her.
3) The oldest son recently had a fight with his father.To make a long story short, the father grabbed him forcefully by the neck and arm and "kicked" him out of the house.

Does the father have a responsibility to provide for his sons regardless of CS?

Am I crazy to feel like this is wrong?

What options if any do we have if any?What is the name of your state?

CJane

Colorado

Background:
Custody is split 50/50

1) Even though he pays CS he never takes care of incidental shopping needs while he has the children. When they need school supplies or supplies for school projects she has to make sure it is taken care of.
So?

When the boys ask about new clothes, shoes he responds "thats what I pay your mom CS for"
And he's right.

2) She constantly has to cover responsibilites he has to the boys during their stay with him because its his bowling night or he has some other excuse.
What responsibilities? And what do you mean by 'constant'?

Now I understand that she loves them and will not make them suffer because he is selfish but I dont feel like its fair and that he is taking advantage of her.
You're not going to like this, but what you 'feel' about her relationship with the father of her children is irrelevant legally.

3) The oldest son recently had a fight with his father.To make a long story short, the father grabbed him forcefully by the neck and arm and "kicked" him out of the house.
How old is the oldest son? Was he injured?

Legally? Only if ordered to.

I dunno about crazy, but it sounds petty.

Suck it up.

Silverplum

1. Use the SEARCH function to answer this q.

2. What responsibilities is she covering? Does she have a ROFR in her CO?

3. What's the q here??

Colorado

Background:
Custody is split 50/50

moburkes

It doesn't affect your household at all. Your fiancee chose to have a child with this person. What happens to this child is between the parents of said child. YOU KNEW, going in to this situation, that your fiancee had this child. You chose to continue the relationship. Your problem, not dad's.

STEPUPORSITDOWN

1. Use the SEARCH function to answer this q.

2. What responsibilities is she covering? Does she have a ROFR in her CO?

3. What's the q here??
We provide everything they need and more.
I dont know what ROFR stands for.

If custody is split 50/50 are both parties equally responsible for providing for the needs of the children?

CJane

We provide everything they need and more.
I dont know what ROFR stands for.

If custody is split 50/50 are both parties equally responsible for providing for the needs of the children?

ROFR = Right of first refusal. This means that mom gets first opportunity to keep the kids if dad doesn't have them.

Mom COULD refuse to keep the kids on Dad's bowling night. She's not forced to do anything.

Both parties are equally responsible for providing for the NEEDS of the children. That is, food, shelter and clothing. Dad is providing a house, I assume he feeds them, and they don't run around naked while at his house. Anything above and beyond that is discretionary, just as it would be if mom and dad were still married.

STEPUPORSITDOWN

So?

And he's right.

What responsibilities? And what do you mean by 'constant'?

You're not going to like this, but what you 'feel' about her relationship with the father of her children is irrelevant legally.

How old is the oldest son? Was he injured?

Legally? Only if ordered to.

I dunno about crazy, but it sounds petty.

Suck it up.
So youre telling me that because he pays CS he is not responsible to provide for his children when he has 50/50 custody durring the time they are with him?

Meetings, practices, games, appointments .More often than not.

He is 16. No he was not hurt physically.

I guess it may if you are not the one it affects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">