• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spousal child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peppersmmm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
Is it possible to avoid my taxes being offset as my husband is in arrears on his child support? He has been unemployed over a year, and he has run out of unemployment compensation. I am currently supporting our family of 4. On the letter from CSE it mentioned an "Injured Spouse Claim".What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
Is it possible to avoid my taxes being offset as my husband is in arrears on his child support? He has been unemployed over a year, and he has run out of unemployment compensation. I am currently supporting our family of 4. On the letter from CSE it mentioned an "Injured Spouse Claim".What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Yes. You file an Injured Spouse Claim - just as your CSE letter suggests. :rolleyes:

Silverplum

Since most people file electronically they generally don't need the specific form or form number, the software takes care of it.
Alrighty.

It's still more useful, specific information than MOST people post here in a week. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">