• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ssdi And Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gaems143

What is the name of your state? GA

If the mother receives SSDI and also receives a check for the children, I know that portion is to cover her amount of the child support. The court then awards the father to 28% for his portion, which is the limit for 2 children. It does not take into consideration her income or anything.

Should the SSDI be reduced to alot for the fathers portion, because now the mother is receive more than she should? She is actually receiving approx $1500.00 a month from SSDI and child support for two kids. She pays no other extras like insurance.

Should the court have been made aware at the temporary hearing that she was also receivng money from the state for the kids?

Zephyr

what do you care what her total monthly income is? is the right amount of cs being paid? that is all that matters.

gaems143

Ssdi/cs

No, the state is paying too much. She is free loading. I am not argueing what my husband pays. She is getting free money that she may not be entitled too. My husband is held accountable, so should she.

Thanks for the advice. My question was: Shouldn't what she receives from the states go down to compensate for the increase in child support from the dad?

Zephyr

gaems143 said:
No, the state is paying too much. She is free loading. I am not argueing what my husband pays. She is getting free money that she may not be entitled too. My husband is held accountable, so should she.

Thanks for the advice. My question was: Shouldn't what she receives from the states go down to compensate for the increase in child support from the dad?
if you think she is committing fraud then call the approriate agency

BL

I'm not sure the SSDI or the State is paying too much to her . It sounds like the beef is with having to also pay 28 % . If He feels the Court should have been aware of All income , it should have been brought to the Court's attention at the Temp. Hearing yes .

It don't sound like it's the final order , and with CS , each party should be disclosing income , etc. information to the Court .

When He goes back to Court , He should request a reduction in support IF he feels he due it , and bring to the court's attention , preferably with proof to back up his statements . " Proof " is the key word here .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">