• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kelliekins

My husband's daughters receive child support under his SSDI record due to his terminal illness. One of his daughter's is currently 17 and under a CHINS order. She has been court ordered to go to a YDC (group home ). My question is although my husband and his ex are court ordered to pay for the CHINS, where should the SSDI child support for the daughter who has been sentenced to a group home, now go? Does his ex still have a right to it even though his daughter isn't living there? Thank you!

LdiJ

My husband's daughters receive child support under his SSDI record due to his terminal illness. One of his daughter's is currently 17 and under a CHINS order. She has been court ordered to go to a YDC (group home ). My question is although my husband and his ex are court ordered to pay for the CHINS, where should the SSDI child support for the daughter who has been sentenced to a group home, now go? Does his ex still have a right to it even though his daughter isn't living there? Thank you!
It should go towards his share of the CHINS cost. Just like it replaced his child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">